Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Rob Lowe is the shit. Even better, he is from Texas, so you get this soft, southern drawl between songs.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rob Lowe is the shit. Even better, he is from Texas, so you get this soft, southern drawl between songs.
He's one of my favorite vocalists of all time, in any genre. Fucking guy just wails his ass off. I'll always like SA more than Candlemass, but the more material with Lowe on it the merrier if you ask me.

I love the power he puts out around 1:40 in this tune:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably my favorite SA tune, definitely my favorite SA album.

With this a close second, on both counts:

I can't find a studio version of that song on YT, but if you can dig one up, the solo part on the album is doubled with a fucking Sitar, using just a touch of wah to get that vibe to the lead line. It sounds abso-fucking-lutely incredible.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Kicks so much more ass with Lowe than they did with the douchebag they had before. :yesway:
You are insane. Messiah = Candlemass. Lowe with these guys is cool, but Messiah + Candlemass > Lowe + Candlemass.

He's one of my favorite vocalists of all time, in any genre. Fucking guy just wails his ass off. I'll always like SA more than Candlemass, but the more material with Lowe on it the merrier if you ask me.
:agreed: Agreed completely!

Probably my favorite SA tune, definitely my favorite SA album.

YouTube - Solitude Aeturnus - The Hourglass
This is my favorite album by them as well. They were awesome on this tour. I've seen them four times now, plus Candlemass with Lowe, and he is always ON.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
^ My favorite Candlemass song, from my favorite album. Two of my top three fave Candlemass discs (EDM and Chapter VI) do *not* have Messiah on them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts