Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've googled, check home depot & lowes and all the popular musical instrument sites, and all I find are either regular screw on casters, or the round plates with "plug-in" type casters.

The kind that I'm looking for are where you screw in a flat square plate that has a ridge on two side and a slide a caster into it. Know what I'm talking about? Where can I find them?

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU!!! Man...

A little more pricey than I thought it would be, but it would be worth it.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just realized I already have a bunch of 4" casters just like those. I wish they would sell only the plates.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I just realized I already have a bunch of 4" casters just like those. I wish they would sell only the plates.
Are your casters actually Mesa casters? I don't know what sort of bearings they use in them, but they are the smoothest casters I've ever had, and they put up with all sorts of abuse.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

noodles said:
Are your casters actually Mesa casters? I don't know what sort of bearings they use in them, but they are the smoothest casters I've ever had, and they put up with all sorts of abuse.
:agreed:

The only things that come even close are the OLD (read early 90s or so and before) peavey USA casters. But even those aren't as nice

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately mine are Peavey casters. It's the same exact kit in the following link (everything included in the picture) but they are 4" instead. Couldn't pass it up with them being $8 each.

Peavey 2-1/2" Swivel Caster with Wood Screws Each | Parts-Express.com

I've had them on one cab and they were pretty damn smooth. With that being said, I wonder how much more smooth the mesa casters would be!

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is there anything that Mesa makes that isn't awesome? Seriously...damnit.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Is there anything that Mesa makes that isn't awesome? Seriously...damnit.
Not really, but I do wish they'd put some of their awesome casters on some of their awesomely heavy and awesomely difficult to lug oversized 2x12 Recto cabs which only have one awesomely inconveniently placed-in-the-center leather strap handle. :rant:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Not really, but I do wish they'd put some of their awesome casters on some of their awesomely heavy and awesomely difficult to lug oversized 2x12 Recto cabs which only have one awesomely inconveniently placed-in-the-center leather strap handle. :rant:
They are, I believe, an option when you order one. ;)

You can also add them after the fact, though you've probably figured that out. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I had two of those 2x12 Recto cabs, and yes, they were a colossal pain in the ass to move around. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts