Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i'm currently looking for a new metal guitar and am really interested in the caparison angelus HGS.

unfortunately, the only store who carries these is about 700km far away from where i live :noway:

what can i expect tonally and playwise from this guitar?

i mean: mahagony set neck, mahagony body + maple top, 24,75" scale. based on the LP-ish construction i was wondering if it also has that gibson mid bark and warmth. the eclipse's i've played sound nothing like a LP, although they're also quite similar spec-wise, for example.

how's the neck on these? i actually preffer gibson or schecter thick necks over ibanez necks. also, how's the fret access on the higher (11-24) frets?

also, what model is this? is it a custom model?

edit: i just noticed i posted this under gear discussion. d'oh! could one of the mods please move this :)

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
They really have a nice bite to them. They have great playability to them. I tune mine to drop C instead of the standard B that they come in, I use 10-52's, and I really dig it. Very easy to play lots of different stuff on.

The picture of the model you posted looks like the older standard Angelus.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They really have a nice bite to them. They have great playability to them. I tune mine to drop C instead of the standard B that they come in, I use 10-52's, and I really dig it. Very easy to play lots of different stuff on.

The picture of the model you posted looks like the older standard Angelus.
ok, thanks for the info man :yesway:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe i should try to be a bit more specific after this enormous wave of replies :lol:

i mean: mahagony set neck, mahagony body + maple top, 24,75" scale. based on the LP-ish construction i was wondering if it also has that gibson mid bark and warmth. the eclipse's i've played sound nothing like a LP, although they're also quite similar spec-wise, for example.

how's the neck on these? i actually preffer gibson or schecter thick necks over ibanez necks. also, how's the fret access on the higher (11-24) frets?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also, is the angelus 22 different from the angelus 24 HGS besides the number of frets, finish, wiring, and bridge placement?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts