Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Aside from the helmet missing the wings, I'm down with it. They also said he's supposed to have an earlier version in the movie as well but this is the one he uses as the actual Capt. America suit.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
That's pretty awesome. They've done a great job combining old-school "classic" details with some modern touches.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It looks an awful lot like the Ultimate Captain America costume. I dig it. :yesway:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Big comic book fan and I always dug the Captain America thing. Looking forward to this. :yesway:

As a side note, I remember the old movie from the 80's. I don't so much remember the movie as much as the VHS tape, because in the 'coming attractions' there was some movie with a woman who flips over in a canoe whilst wearing a white dress and they show her coming out of the water and uh... yeah. :lol: No clue what the movie was called but my friend and I used to watch that clip on repeat. Kids.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Costume looks great!

Big comic book fan and I always dug the Captain America thing. Looking forward to this. :yesway:

As a side note, I remember the old movie from the 80's. I don't so much remember the movie as much as the VHS tape, because in the 'coming attractions' there was some movie with a woman who flips over in a canoe whilst wearing a white dress and they show her coming out of the water and uh... yeah. :lol: No clue what the movie was called but my friend and I used to watch that clip on repeat. Kids.
FUCK YES YOU ARE NOT ALONE :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
From a good super hero movie costume to a not so good one

:ugh:

Really?

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It's a toss up really. :lol:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Sucks. There's so much wrong with this damn costume. Ugh. WWII? On what crack smoking planet? Oh, wait... his boots are brown. :rolleyes:

And WTF? Green lantern looks horrible! Sigh.

As an aside, I picked up Comic Book Guy #1 today. :lol: (I really do hate those costumes, though.)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, someone explain why they have to re-reboot Spiderman. I think the Tobey Maguire versions are fine, if imperfect. He's probably sick of the role.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I think the Cap costume looks good, without being too "comic-bookish". As for Spider-Man, I think it's ridiculous they're doing more. Toby Maguire was quite good in them, and I liked all three. For the most part.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Man, am I ever sick of Hollywood ruining comic books.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Iron Man movies are bar-none my favorite in terms of truly capturing the vibe I got out of the comic books and entertaining the living shit out of me. The Batman re-boots are a very close second - they're amazing, gritty, everything they're supposed to be.

I'm still waiting for somebody to un-fuck Superman. I hope Cap gets a good treatment. As best as I can tell, he's going to tie-in with Iron Man and they're going to have Thor to deal with sooner than later. Hopefully the Justice League will be a crew of awesome and we can get a sweet movie or two out of that.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
^ Agreed. I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet, but the first one was outstanding, specifically because they focused on the character of Tony Stark, rather than just giving him a bunch of shit to blow up. Same with the Batman reboots, although I will always appreciate how Jack Nicholson portrayed the Joker.

The first Spiderman was kinda cool, the second one was pretty forgettable, and I didn't even bother with the third. The first X-men was pretty forgettable, the second one had some cool moments (mainly Wolverine kicking ass), and the third one blew. Anything that was not Kevin Spacey sucked in the Superman reboot. Hell, the originals were pretty terrible. Splawn was god awful. The first Crow was good, everything else sucked. Don't even get me started on the Hulk. I bet the second one wasn't worse than Fantastic Four, though.

Hollywood gets it wrong more often than not.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^ Agreed. I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet, but the first one was outstanding, specifically because they focused on the character of Tony Stark, rather than just giving him a bunch of shit to blow up. Same with the Batman reboots, although I will always appreciate how Jack Nicholson portrayed the Joker.

The first Spiderman was kinda cool, the second one was pretty forgettable, and I didn't even bother with the third. The first X-men was pretty forgettable, the second one had some cool moments (mainly Wolverine kicking ass), and the third one blew. Anything that was not Kevin Spacey sucked in the Superman reboot. Hell, the originals were pretty terrible. Splawn was god awful. The first Crow was good, everything else sucked. Don't even get me started on the Hulk. I bet the second one wasn't worse than Fantastic Four, though.

Hollywood gets it wrong more often than not.
Superman (1978) is my absolute ideal of a Superman movie. The sequel was pretty good but definitely waltzed into SEQUEL-LAND quickly. Nothing has ever touched that first one, it was charming and kitschy and everything.

And dude, get Iron-Man 2 ASAP. It's on par with the first - perhaps better in some ways, perhaps a little sloppier in terms of pacing and plot engagement.

Randy did you ever get to see it either?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
^^ Dave, I want to read about this comic book character "Splawn." :lol:

Spiderman 1 and 2 are two of my favorite comic book movies, period. 2 especially really dealt with a lot of the character's foibles and difficulties, and was an excellent sequel to the first.

I don't see why they need to reboot it.

Iron Man 1 was amazing, and 2 was quite good. Both new Batmans were excellent. Fingers are crossed for Thor and Captain.

I also really liked The Punisher. Very true to the source material, darkly funny, and very well done.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts