Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:quagmire:

I assume that since it came from somewhere a lot drier than here, my new 727 is taking some time to adjust to the humidity change. That, and I probably should have let it settle in a bit before throwing 11s on it. :lol:

That said, the nut is unglued. :jj: Just reglue it? Wait a while? Super glue? Wood glue? Make Drew Do It?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Dab some CA (super) glue. Not too much, you want to be able to remove it eventually.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Wood glue is not goo fo yoo, ca glue is what I would yoos

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Yes, a dab of superglue in the center, I usually put some right at the corner so there's adherence to the edge of the fretboard and the neck wood.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Man, though, it was new to you, too!

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Use just one drop, or maybe two, one drop each, under slots five, and two

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts

Elysian said:
Yes, a dab of superglue in the center, I usually put some right at the corner so there's adherence to the edge of the fretboard and the neck wood.
This fucking post, man, look at you. Type correctly, type like we do.
For prime examples (there's more than two) check me and jax, and that fuckin jew

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
@ Adam: :lol: Oh, you.

@ Chris: To do as you must do, choose wood glue, not goo. Who knew? You need no Drew to accrue this luthier-fu.

STEWMAC.COM : Making a Nut, Step-by-Step Free information
Despite their words, i hate wood glue, remove the nut, remove wood too. The bond with CA you break right through, scrape out the rest, and then your through. But rip out titebond, and what to do, but mix up more, and dust for goo. And fill the slot, and shape it too, and thats more work, but that works, too.

Edit: Though they do say titebond, not titebond two. Best not to risk that, not be a fool.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Despite their words, i hate wood glue, remove the nut, remove wood too. The bond with CA you break right through, scrape out the rest, and then your through. But rip out titebond, and what to do, but mix up more, and dust for goo. And fill the slot, and shape it too, and thats more work, but that works, too.

Edit: Though they do say titebond, not titebond two. Best not to risk that, not be a fool.
I deem this true. :lol:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts