Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I'm on part 4. This is pretty cool!

Brief synopsis so far: Cool Carvin assembly line, lots of components, "High, how are you?" -Bewildered look from employees-

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Awesome. UV oven = :eek:

·
Lord Super Awesome
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TTK is kind of an oaf, but I do appreciate his efforts for all the videos he does.
Exactly.

mehtab said:
Awesome. UV oven
Most manufacturers have these. When I was a setup/inlay tech for Tacoma Guitars, they had a GIANT UV oven they ran all their guitars though. The painters would hang the guitars from an overhead conveyor (think of what you see at a large dry cleaning business) & they would run through an oven that measured roughly 30x50 feet. Pretty cool!

Most of the wait time with custom builders is them waiting on the paint to fully cure before final assembly. This can take months depending on the environment in which they live. The UV ovens cure a finish in MINUTES & speeds up production exponentially.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
TTK probably could've afforded to not go all ADD and start asking random questions about his own interests instead of just letting the guy talk. :2c:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts