Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

nice guitar but dammit those inlays suck, btw is that a rosewood neck???

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I don't dislike them that much.. :lol: But I wouldnt ASK for the inlays. as for the neck it does seem to look like rosewood.

·
Premium Member
RGMS7
922 Posts
I actually like the way they look better in this guitar than in the other one that was posted :shrug:

Like Planet Smasher said, I wouldn't order them, but they aren't a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Definitely does not look like a rosewood neck.

For starters, if it was, what kind of heathen puts a gloss finish on a rosewood neck :noplease:
I was thinking that it didnt look like rosewood after I posted also. to bad it wasn't in the carvin site anymore.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Unless the person who ordered it supplied the wood, that it not rosewood, carvin doesnt offer that option, plus it just looks like mahogany.

·
Third Street Saint
447 Posts
I was looking in getting a custom Carvin made (after all, they're reasonably priced for customs) and saw those inlays, chuckled, and picked abalone blocks.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
what's wrong with having Overkill's flying skull on your inlay?

/joke

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
DEF not rosewood. Not even kinda. Thats just a nice dark chunk of mahogany for the neck, with a really light shade for the body. Youd think carvin would match them, but guess not

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
The body looks like maybe limba or a lighter mahogany. Honduran or South American mahogany are a lot lighter (in weight and in colour) than African mahogany, so it's possible it's just different species. It also looks like a burl top of some sort... definitely not standard-issue Carvin woods.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
The body looks like maybe limba or a lighter mahogany. Honduran or South American mahogany are a lot lighter (in weight and in colour) than African mahogany, so it's possible it's just different species. It also looks like a burl top of some sort... definitely not standard-issue Carvin woods.
I was also thinking white limba.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Ive seen mahogany lighter than that even. Carvin recently started offering burl tops, didnt they?
Edit: Yes, they did

1 - 20 of 35 Posts