Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·

745 Posts
Well, it's not exactly similiar to the old Castlevania games, for me it's more like a God Of War and Onimusha mix, but the graphics are gorgeous and the game is quite enjoyable on its own (I'm currently finishing chapter 2) :D

EDIT: Ooops, I somehow overlooked the title and thought You mean the Lords Of Shadow one ;)

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I've got it on PS2 and it's more or less SOTN-Lite and 3D. I say that is that it's a semi-sequel to Castlevania 3 on NES (what a stretch) much like how SOTN was a sequel to Rondo of Blood. Plus both also have the Belmonts as secondary characters and the main character gets to summon familiars to assist in battle.

Also the music rules too.

EDIT: Also interesting fact, Trevor Belmont (In CV3 and COD) and his other friends also show up in SOTN as zombies. Alucard is excused because you play Alucard in SOTN.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Game is kinda blah. Boring combat, super linear, great graphics, but you can't look around (think Dante's Inferno).

Gonna plow through it and toss it on eBay. :\

6/10

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Curse of Darkness is like 5 years old and sucked big hairy moose (George Wendt) boobs.

You mean Lords of Shadow? Yeah everything I've heard makes me think it sucks. Not picking it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.