Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
For sure he's pissed... He just lost the player of the decade, if not one of the best ever. He just lost milllllllions in profits. As soon as James announced he was leaving for the Heat, people in Cleveland were already burning Lebron James jerseys. :lol:

Man, the Heat is now going to be one HELL of a team.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
This was on the front page of CNN last night. People like doctors and EMT's save lives every day, and get paid about .0001% of what "King James" makes for stuffing a leather sphere through a round metal hoop. :noway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
This was on the front page of CNN last night. People like doctors and EMT's save lives every day, and get paid about .0001% of what "King James" makes for stuffing a leather sphere through a round metal hoop. :noway:
This. So much this. I don't care if he's one of the "greatest" the game has ever seen. In my mind, he is an insignificant pissant, since he actually provides nothing of value. It would be one thing if he was a sportsman like Michael Jordon, but he's just another money-grubbing thug.

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
I have to say I never really liked LeBron that much, sure he's a GREAT player, but something was missing, still no matter if I like him or not - the owner is full of shit... when James came to Cleveland - the Cavaliers were the worst team in the league, it is James who made them bigger, it is James who lead the team to the conference finals, did he have another great player to help him ? No.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"
Yeaaaah right :lol: Jordan didn't win the finals alone, nor did Kobe or Paul Pierce.
I bet if the owner of the Cavs wasn't cheap - and brought someone ..anyone like Wade, Bosh, Amar'e Stoudemire .. LeBron wouldn't leave.

Still after that decison I'm happy for James :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I hope it pisses of the Cavs so much they get fired up and repeatedly win the championship without him.

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts
FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Did LeBron James Just Cost Himself $150 Million?

Kind of a salient point about what this move might have "cost" James.
Nice find, Drew. I never really thought about that aspect of it.

I'm more disappointed that the owners couldn't get him the talent around him to get a championship. Jordan couldn't do it by himself and Kobe needed help (at first).

I like how Gilbert's throwing this on LeBron. Classy. If you weren't such a cheapskate, maybe you'd have a title or two. :noway:

·
Poland CEO / RHLC ©
2,393 Posts
I'm more disappointed that the owners couldn't get him the talent around him to get a championship. Jordan couldn't do it by himself and Kobe needed help (at first).

I like how Gilbert's throwing this on LeBron. Classy. If you weren't such a cheapskate, maybe you'd have a title or two. :noway:
:agreed:

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
I fail to see how LeBron is a "thug." He's never done anything like real thugs. Shit, I've unfortunately had some run-ins with real thugs, and LeBron is a class act in comparison.

As for how much he makes, hey, that's the market. The NBA and its star players make a lot of money because people are willing to pay it, in terms of the shit they endorse and sell, tickets, TV air time, you name it.

That said, I'm glad the important people in society don't make that kinda money, because it would go to their heads just like these (rather insignificant in the big picture) athletes.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Bird was a thug. :noway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Drinking King Kobra right now. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts