Metalguitarist.org banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
13,826 Posts
I LOVE Charvel. But man, more models with that Gotoh trem is a big NO for me. Also, the new So-Cal just have... A new pickguard with different pickups? That's all they could come up with? By the look of this, I don't regret buying my 2020 DK24 with a Floyd.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I LOVE Charvel. But man, more models with that Gotoh trem is a big NO for me. Also, the new So-Cal just have... A new pickguard with different pickups? That's all they could come up with? By the look of this, I don't regret buying my 2020 DK24 with a Floyd.
All of this.

My two Charvels are the most killer guitars you'll ever play. What a shame I can't invest further in this company as they insist on moving further and further away from what they were all about. Year on year they're just releasing weirder and weirder models :nuts: Headless djent-sticks with Fishmans next is it?

Also those basses are more disappointing than I could possibly imagine. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
About this.

Why are some brands using Gotoh "traditional" trems, but NOT Gotoh GE1996T Floyds?

They are fairly cheap AND top-of-the-line quality. Would be a win-win for everyone to use these.

Or does maybe Floyd Rose company offering guitar brands mega-low price on the 1000 series?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Did Charvel stop with "candy store" multiple color options?

Seems like most brands do "one color per specs"
So that you look at one guitar and go "I like THAT, but I would like THAT color, but not THOSE specs"

A couple of years ago they had lots of options so that everyone, who liked the model, could PROBABLY find a suitable color for them

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
I dunno, I like the look of the Pro-Mods. I play lefty, so its nice to have something with a trem that isn't a FRS. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
FMIC, baby. They've been doing this with Fender for years.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Props to Charvel for not discriminating against blind people when hiring for the paint colors department. Very progressive of them.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
:lol: at everyone here saying "This is what a Charvel is" Charvel has basically stolen the under $1300 hipster guitar player market with the Suhr-vels. They are tasty and quite fun to play, plus the same specs as Ibanez Prestige AZ models for half the price. You will never convince me that Ibanez is better at making basically fancy strats than guitar made in the Fender factories. Even as an employee at Fender, the Charvels made in Mexico were miles a head of the Jacksons made there. There is a real reason that neck through Jacksons arent made in Mexico but the bolt on ones are.

Charvel have some models for the folks who want Charvel from 1985-1990 but the modernization of them came directly from feedback from dudes like Angel and other modern players yeah its not hair metal but its what sells.

I love all the new stuff and miss than I cant buy the ones I want for pennies as an employee :rofl:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Stop squawking and get your old job back so you can save this hot mess.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Cameron's saying "mother of god" because he realized that he actually already owns 4 of these. He just didn't notice them because his collection is so big.

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
I like that FMIC sees Charvel as more than a retro brand. The new Suhr-style models are very nice for that market. I do wish they would have the retro models go back to actual '80s specs--top-mount Floyds and pickup rings.

·
Premium Member
4,184 Posts
Cameron's saying "mother of god" because he realized that he actually already owns 4 of these. He just didn't notice them because his collection is so big.
Actually I sold mine to Mattyus :lol:

Its just that they went and "did" it by making it a stock option with the white guard and HSH

1 - 20 of 44 Posts