Metalguitarist.org banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
That PJ might be happening for me.

I'm actually excited that roasted maple is taking over. Having a guitar that more or less ignores the weather is luxurious as all hell.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
:

You guys know that model exist since forever, right? (looking at you Cam! :D) All you had to do is change the pickguard. :lol:
Yes. And I knew of the green SoCals as far as the first gen US Pro-Mods. Hell I had a red US Pro Mod for a while hoping to get a red meanie variant like Panther. Sadly I had to sell it to fund an album.

Hell, even GJ Guitars did a variant and even used Vai's name to market it, but nobody cares about GJ guitars.

·
President / RHLC ©
13,826 Posts
^

Oh yes, I remember that GJ version!

Never seen anyone online or in the flesh with a GJ guitar. :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
^

Oh yes, I remember that GJ version!

Never seen anyone online or in the flesh with a GJ guitar. :lol:
Same. Sometimes you can "obscure" yourself out of the market. Same goes for Wayne Charvel. Literally never seen anybody with one of his Wayne Guitars. Just goes to show how deep brand identity goes. It's more about the logo on the headstock than it is the actual human beings behind the build!

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Same. Sometimes you can "obscure" yourself out of the market. Same goes for Wayne Charvel. Literally never seen anybody with one of his Wayne Guitars. Just goes to show how deep brand identity goes. It's more about the logo on the headstock than it is the actual human beings behind the build!
I have, in fact, seen guys with Waynes, but I guarantee I know more aging '80s rockers with money than you do. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,924 Posts
The whole '80s retro market has cooled off in the last few years, I think. Some of that market had been driven by the rarity of the most desirable original guitars, but production of reissue Charvels and Kramers may have taken some of the mojo out of that. Plus, the guys my age who were buying/collecting them are now starting to get more serious about retirement portfolios and less serious about owning a guitar that looks like the one in the Twisted Sister or Ratt videos.

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
Loving a lot of these. Roasted maple Stratheads with bright colors and SSH setups, with and without Floyds, in both Dinky and Strat styles.

Also really like the look of those basses.

Also, if the quality on these is anything like the Nova I picked up late last year, these are going to be killer.

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,754 Posts
The whole '80s retro market has cooled off in the last few years, I think. Some of that market had been driven by the rarity of the most desirable original guitars, but production of reissue Charvels and Kramers may have taken some of the mojo out of that. Plus, the guys my age who were buying/collecting them are now starting to get more serious about retirement portfolios and less serious about owning a guitar that looks like the one in the Twisted Sister or Ratt videos.
Speak for yourself. I'd totally be in for a Twisted Sister logo guitar. Fuck all y'all.

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,754 Posts
I just want to reiterate how fucking cool it is to see Angel Vivaldi Signature on the sweetwater page. :hbang:

·
Dream Crusher
21,052 Posts
I just want to reiterate how fucking cool it is to see Angel Vivaldi Signature on the sweetwater page. :hbang:
16109279394952747460354144959394.jpg

Right?? Great guitars, too. This one's MIK.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
It is, it's just a shame that nothing about it does anything for me :lol:
By all reports though it's a shit-hot fiddle and people speak highly of its features and construction.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
It is, it's just a shame that nothing about it does anything for me :lol:
By all reports though it's a shit-hot fiddle and people speak highly of its features and construction.
The 7 string was cool as hell, but since my next acquisition is a 7 with a Floyd, well...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts