Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Charvel pro mods: my bank account is in danger

4K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  GentleHands McCoy 
#1 ·
Charvel® Guitars

Charvel fans, the so cal and San Dimas are back and better, so I hear. I am going to get a white so cal to complement my black San Dimas. For metal, hard rock and the like, these guitars are made for ease of performance and have a punishingly beautiful wallop. All those tears and years of metronome practice shine through on these.

#5 ·
Are they still making them in Mexico? Because if so, I doubt that they're "better." Plus, they're recessing the trems again. Which I actually don't prefer.

Plus, at those prices, I might have to jump on a used MIA or MIJ one again before everyone comes to their senses.

#24 · (Edited)
I've generally found the Japanese ones that I've played have had a slight edge over the USA ones. Not to say that I found anything wrong with the USA ones they were all awesome...
I think I'm gonna have to buy a second hand MIJ So-Cal (which I kick myself for not buying new when they were still making them in Japan).

#12 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

The whole point of those was the true hotrod Strat vibe; fatter neck, top mount trem. Jackson already has these covered.

#23 ·
I agree. My Mia San Dimas is top mount. I have it set for dive only. A great guitar.

Good news for me, I really wanted one of those white so-cal's before they discontinued them. Now I can get one again, albeit now made somewhere else. Better pickups though :yesway: However, I now REALLY want the blue one too :lol:
I was thinking white, but you have me thinking blue, also.

#25 ·
If you check the classifieds here every other month you can routinely find a nice MIJ white one being sold by a rugged forum member. :lol:

Seriously though, the MIJ and MIA ones are both nice guitars. These should be nice too, the question is will they be as nice? Verdict once I play one I guess. I doubt I would drop $1k on one though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.