Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 as far as I know and initially I thought it was only for USA but Andertons in UK will have them too.

Charvel Henrik Danhage Limited Edition Signature Pro-Mod SC1 in Heavy Relic

Reverse Headstcok??? Fuck YES!!!!!

https://charvel.com/gear/shape/so-c...n-signature-pro-mod-so-cal-style-1/2966035555

Relic Haters, move along :)

Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Style 1 HH FR E Ash in Neon Pink

Not really my thing to me they would look great if they were Sandblasted and just plain all Black.

https://www.charvel.com/gear/series/pro-mod/pro-mod-san-dimas-style-1-hh-fr-e-ash/2975001521

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Those sandblasted finish guitars have been out for a while. I kinda like the finishes on the Red, Green and White ones. The blue one is a bit meh.

that relic looks like complete ass tho :noway:

EDIT FOR DUMBASSERY

I got the pink confused with the blasted Jacksons

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts

Now that's attention to detail.

I can see copying idiosyncrasies like that on signature guitars for someone like EVH, but I doubt there are that many Evergrey fans who care about the guys gear enough to care about the fact his volume control has a knob labelled "tone". :lol:

Take away the stupid relic and give it black hardware and a black pickguard and it's a winner.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:dgaf:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Relic'ing: solving the problem of how to sell B-spec guitars for top dollar since 2010!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since no one complained yet... its because no one noticed there is no pickup selector ;)

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I have no special problem with relics, per se....

...but a white finish worn down to the wood, where the wood itself is pristine and perfectly clean? With flawless hardware? Come on, is some consistency here too much to ask for?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
My biggest complaint about budget relics is that it's literally wood and then paint, when an actual wear would be glossy > flat > thinned finish > wood sealed > raw wood and oxidized. It's not even that it's not authentic or looks faked, it just looks BAD.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I would fucking LOVE this if it weren't relic'd. Shame.
You could do a Warmoth just like that for probably $900, maybe $1200 if you go crazy with extras :yesway:

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Relic'd is one thing, beat to hell is another. Ive seen and had guitars with a ton of use, decades of wear, that didnt look like that. Thats drug behind a plow mule wear.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts