Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too many recent purchases, so I'm thinning the heard of stuff I never play.

First off is a Charvel Surfcaster in Seafoam Green, made sometime in the 90s. Comes with a Charvel/Jackson hardshell case. It's got a few dings in the top that are impossible to photograph (the color washes everything out), and some pick scuffs on the pickguard. I'd say it's an 8/10.

SOLD

Lastly, a 1984 Tokai Silverstar, made in Japan. It's absolutely bone stock, and plays and sounds amazing. I'm just not a Strat guy. It had an American Flag sticker on it at some point, so the finish under it didn't age at the same rate (you can still kinda see the outline of the bars and box). This one definitely has been played, since there are a bunch of scratches and dings in it. The pickups are stupid sounding, total vintage Strat; you'll wanna play every SRV lick you know in position 2 or 4 on this thing. Comes with a crappy TKL case.

Asking $350 plus shipping.

If you're not from North America and I you aren't one of the regulars that I've known for a while, then don't bother. I won't ship it to Poland in a month when you get paid for fifty less than I'm asking. I'm noodlesatf on e-Bay.

Reactions: GentleHands McCoy

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you buy it, I promise to use the money towards a carbon fiber MTB frame.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Unless I can mount carbon fiber MTB wheels to it, I have no need for it. :lol: It's still rad though!

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Wirelessly posted (The Enormophone SIII)

That Tokai is a killer guitar. Anyone looking for a Strat should pick it up.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The surfcaster is awesome as fuck, but it's so weird and niche that the situations where rocking it would be appropriate are so few and far between. :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realise I'm not one of the regulars, and not from North America either. I'm from Scotland and registered on here a few minutes ago after seeing your advert. I'd be happy to pay your full asking price of $350 for the Charvel Surfcaster, plus shipping (providing shipping quote was acceptable).

In terms of payment I have funds in place and would use PayPal.

To help you obtain a quote my postcode is KY3 9JP, town name is Burntisland.

I already own 3 Charvels:-
San Dimas 2 2H (bought new from a U.S. Store online & had it shipped)
CSM 1-G (bought used from a U.S. Seller on EBay)
Legend (bought used in UK)

I am not a time waster. If shipping quote is reasonable I'll pay immediately.

Les (user name Benjamin.Breeg)

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Surfcaster is gone.

·
Big Brother
587 Posts
If I didn't just pick up a Nashville tele a few months back that Tokai would be gone too. I can feel the tone jumping out at me!!!! Also, I never have time to play anymore since my second son was born, but every now and then I like to look at nice guitars to remind me. And, I digress......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts