Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woot® : One Day, One Deal

• Enabled for T-Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the Streak 7 is specifically designed for T-Mobile's HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which delivers downloads at 4G speeds. T-Mobile's upgraded HSPA+ network currently covers 100 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.
  • Gives you the power and portability of a 7" tablet with Android™ 3.2 Honeycomb, the first OS specifically designed for tablets. Powerful, preinstalled Adobe® Flash® 10.1 makes sure that your favorite sites load and look their very best. Browse, email, download and share business content the way you want and with the quality you deserve
  • 16GB of internal storage plus an SDHC slot
  • With mobile device management through Good for Enterprise™ and support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) technology such as security policies, auto-discovery, and remote wipe, Dell Steak 7 can be easily deployed, managed, secured and updated remotely
  • Get your email pushed to you and keep your calendar, contacts and tasks a click away and in sync with Microsoft® Exchange integration and IMAP/POP services such as Google™ Gmail™
  • A front and rear facing camera and large screen enables conversations that put you face-to-face with clients, colleagues and family members

Not a bad deal, seems pretty decent.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
My last work computer was a Dell. Bluescreened out of the box. Reformatted with Windows 7 ultimate, still bluescreened everyday. Called Dell, and they refused to accept that it was a hardware problem and not a software problem.

Fuck Dell.

Fuck the Yankees.

Fuck the Red Sox.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
My last work computer was a Dell. Bluescreened out of the box. Reformatted with Windows 7 ultimate, still bluescreened everyday. Called Dell, and they refused to accept that it was a hardware problem and not a software problem.

Fuck Dell.

Fuck the Yankees.

Fuck the Red Sox.
I've been on either end of that hardware/software problem with dell. If it is something to do with an OS failure, regardless of the reason, they will always claim it is the opposite of whichever warranty you happen to have.

This, combined with the fact that one of the absolute worst customer service experiences I've ever had was with Dell, means I won't be ever purchasing one of their products new again.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
what is the appeal of tablets?
They're perfect couch, toilet, and traveling computers. For internet stuff they rule, but don't expect to get serious work done on them. Basic office stuff CAN be done on them if you get a bluetooh keyboard/stand combo thing. Logitech makes a nice one that I use.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're perfect couch, toilet, and traveling computers. For internet stuff they rule, but don't expect to get serious work done on them. Basic office stuff CAN be done on them if you get a bluetooh keyboard/stand combo thing. Logitech makes a nice one that I use.
This.

iPad + Airplane = win. It's light, and has great battery life for movies. I have a Kindle Fire that I leave in my nightstand, and while I only use it maybe once a week, it's pretty convenient if I want to just browse the web a bit before bed.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
what is the appeal of tablets?
Basically the only real appeal I can see (I own a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1) is they are just easier to use than a laptop for web browsing/email and watching movies. which is all most people that have computers use them for anyway.

Much easier to tote it around as well.

·
Squirrel...
3,157 Posts

Fuck Dell.

Fuck the Yankees.

Fuck the Red Sox.
My laptop was like that. Out of the box I got a bunch of error messages. Had to clean install Windows (Probably would have done that anyway though)

Had to deal with Dell support for the monitor I had. Just fucking horrible experience.

Fuck Dell.

Fuck the Blue Jays.

Fuck the Raptors.

Web surfing while pooping.
Pretty much what I use mine for.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I still have an old Dell Dimension that actually works. It also came with an XP pro disk and didn't rely on their shitty recovery partition :boggle: Had a ram stick and the dvd drive both fail the first year I owned it. They sent some sweaty fat dude to my house to fix it :eww:

OH and also Dell Financial is the devil :agreed: avoid that shit like the plague. I bought mine when it was 0% for 12 months and thankfully payed it off before their rapacious interest rates kicked in.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
well I wouldn't mind getting one if I ever had to drive across the country again.. Boring week of driving sort of lol

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The Streak is/was a piece of shit, and I'm not saying that because I don't like Android; I'm saying that because it didn't work well at all, build quality sucked, etc. My friend had one before he had his Atrix, and he went from "holy shit this is awesome" to "WTF this is a piece of shit" inside of a week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts