Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nine EMG Guitars
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im am thinking of selling my bbe sonic maximizer, and thinking about replacing it with some sort of multi-effect rack thingy. I dont want to spend alot cuz i dont use effects alot. So i dont need on that has amp models of pre-amps etc, just chorus,flanger delay etc. A shop here has on for 99 buck thats has presets and some controllability. I guess my question is does it have to be a guitar rack effect or will any rack effect unit work with the guitar. I would think that anyone would work after all an effect is an effect, but just wanted to make sure thanks. .

·
Read Only
3 Posts
To answer your specific question... no, it doesn't have to be a rack effect made specifically for guitar to work.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I'm currently using a Lexicon MX200 ran into a ADA midi pedal and it works perfectly and sounds great. Lexicon is known for having some of the best reverb and delay sounds available. The MX200's are pretty cheap too:

Buy Lexicon MX200 Dual Reverb/Effects Processor | Multi Effects | Musician's Friend

The MX200 can also double as a hardware VST which is a really cool feature. If you do any recording, you can plug it into your computer and use the effects as VSTs without killing your CPU. :yesway:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
I would recommend trying to find a used Tc Electronic Gmajor or Gmajor2 and an Beringer FCB2010. I had one before the axe fx and I loved it. The cool thing about it is that it has two relay switches, so you can program your patches to not only change effects, but it can to the analog switching on your amp too! No more tapdancing, one button switches amp AND effects!

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
yeah, the Gmajor is probably the best way to go. all the FX are high-quality, and you can score them used for $200 on ebay all day.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

Things is it would be overkill for me to have a G-Major as I only use Delay / Reverb / Chorus... So IMO, i think it's the same for the OP. I mean why go with something that offers you dozens and dozens of effects if you use only 3-4, especially if you like to keep things simple?

+ If he wants to buy it new (to have a garantee), the G-Major is more than double the price.
But yeah, at the end of the day, a used G-Major can also do the job perfectly.

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Yeah, I only used mine for limited effects, but I loved the midi programmability and analog switching cause I suck at playing difficult lines and then trying to press multiple pedals. I can barely transition out of solos with one pedal to press :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I liked my GMajor, as it had a noise gate and tuner, but it was overkill for what I needed. I sold it for $200, and bought my GSharp for $150 brand new.

Of course, the GSharp is discontinued, so, I'm not sure if you can find them new, maybe NOS.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I liked my GMajor, as it had a noise gate and tuner, but it was overkill for what I needed. I sold it for $200, and bought my GSharp for $150 brand new.

Of course, the GSharp is discontinued, so, I'm not sure if you can find them new, maybe NOS.
I have since busted both knobs clean off :lol: still works great tho :yesway:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts