Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the guitar shop today and decided to get another Blackstar amp. I'm going to either get the 40 watt combo or the 40 watt head and get either a marshall or blackatar 1x10 cab or get a cheaper 4x12 cab by b-52 or line 6....now the combo has 2 5 inch speakers in it.So my decision is going to be looking for bit more bass and the quality of the speakers.....a 4x12 cab would be awesome...just awesome but can I can i get good quality of the speakers with a cheaper 4x12 and will the head give me quality even with a cheaper cab......what route do you think I should take?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'm a bit confused.

I thought you were looking for a bedroom rig that had high gain options with a limited budget

A 4x12 is going to
a) eat up more money than you need to spend right now
b) overkill for bedroom set up

I also thought that you were looking for gear that was not too heavy..... a 4x12 is a pain to move.

Honestly I think you are trying too hard to accomplish everything at once. Get a head with a line out or some way that you can hear what you are playing then buy a cab later. That way you aren't compromising just to fit into your budget.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I don’t think “complex” is the word.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
yea i gave up trying to help this guy 20 theads ago. The best advice has already been said so its all on him now.
I swear he comes in every few months starts up 10-20 threads on the same topic, gets pissed off and leaves only to sign up under another, similarly named account.

It's odd as fuck. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Go with a cheaper 4x12, decent ones are out there. I have a damn decent sounding Ampeg 4x12 on Craigslist for $150 right now, and it's like the 5th time I've listed it. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts