Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Fuckin' Drew. :noplease:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol:

Just a problem with the SATA mode for this one, but I find it hilarious that it just threw the ol' standard 7B stop error.

Windows. So good. :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
* Soopstradamus predicts this is what his computer is going to do tonight when he re-starts Win7 after replacing the mobo, proc, optical drive and RAM. :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Jeff. Your ancient ways have no place in our world. Please return to the 90s.

I still cannot believe that Microsoft hasn't improved their error messages. Is it so hard to be verbose? :lol:

Now.....if the government would begin developing its own *nix operating system....:D

We waste so much money on Windows, and doing pointless hardware refreshes......fuck....starting an OS dev team would create jobs! :woot:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
* Soopstradamus predicts this is what his computer is going to do tonight when he re-starts Win7 after replacing the mobo, proc, optical drive and RAM. :lol:
Shouldn't have to do anything, Windows 7 handles full hardware changes much better than previous versions. Ive had 3 different motherboards in my HTPC, 3 different vid cards and a smorgesborg of hdd's, same install of Windows, no issues.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Jeff. Your ancient ways have no place in our world. Please return to the 90s.

I still cannot believe that Microsoft hasn't improved their error messages. Is it so hard to be verbose? :lol:

Now.....if the government would begin developing its own *nix operating system....:D

We waste so much money on Windows, and doing pointless hardware refreshes......fuck....starting an OS dev team would create jobs! :woot:
If the government developed its own *nix, it'd never work, it'd cost trillions and only be updated once every 2 decades.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Shouldn't have to do anything, Windows 7 handles full hardware changes much better than previous versions. Ive had 3 different motherboards in my HTPC, 3 different vid cards and a smorgesborg of hdd's, same install of Windows, no issues.
Interesting. I suppose they changed how Windows handles drivers and such?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts

Do eet.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
If the government developed its own *nix, it'd never work, it'd cost trillions and only be updated once every 2 decades.
You grossly underestimate the caliber of IT guys the government has at its disposal, and you are completely unaware of how much rapid development under demanding conditions occurs. You may also be unaware how commonplace unix is in datacenters and enterprises in general. Ever hear of Novell?

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
You grossly underestimate the caliber of IT guys the government has at its disposal, and you are completely unaware of how much rapid development under demanding conditions occurs. You may also be unaware how commonplace unix is in datacenters and enterprises in general. Ever hear of Novell?
Completely aware of how common Unix is, doesn't mean I have faith in the government to make their own build of it :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd say 50-75% of my datacenter is *nix based.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Chris said:
I'd say 50-75% of my datacenter is *nix based.
About 50% of ours is. We're not the government though ;)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Yup. :lol:

Couldn't take a picture because it would only BSOD for an instant before rebooting. I attempted Startup Repair or whatever it's called these days half a dozen times and it couldn't repair itself, so I ended up formatting and reinstalling everything.

It's running, though. :flex:

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts