Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kept popping up in my YT related/suggested videos. I don't really care about getting the VH sound, but still ended up watching most of it anyway. Good stuff.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
I saw this a couple of years ago when I was looking for something else. Fucking loved his partscaster (probs a Warmoth right?), and the fact that he's coked the fuck up :lol:

·
Los Cochinos
994 Posts
Watching this video, Curt always reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite's long-haired, coked-up, guitar playing brother. Great stuff.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I bought one of Curt's VHS tapes - must have been in the very early 90's. It was the "Steve Vai" one - it came out after Passion and Warfare, because one of the songs he taught was "The Audience is Listening".

From what I remember he did a pretty good job explaining & showing things, but I hated how you had to TAB your own music (there was no TAB book included). At the very end he just had the audio of him giving (saying) you the notes in TAB, like "4th string 5th fret, 4th string 7th fret, 3rd string 5th fret slide to the 9th fret". I wrote down about 2 bars of that stuff & gave up.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the very end he just had the audio of him giving (saying) you the notes in TAB, like "4th string 5th fret, 4th string 7th fret, 3rd string 5th fret slide to the 9th fret".
That's probably a perfectly reasonable thing to do when you're on a bunch of blow. :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts