Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Comment on there -

"Chinese Democracy" is the first album of new material from one of rock's most influential bands"

That "Influencial Band" became "influencial singer only" in the mid-90's.

RIP GnR

Nuff' said.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
They released the title track to radio stations today.

Can't say I hate it... As much as I tried...

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
To all of those of you who had "Chinese Democracy" before Drew's CD congratulations! :D

Reactions: noodles

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
I heard the new track come on the radio today, but it sort of got tuned out. I didn't even realize it was over until I heard the intro to sweet child of mine play right afterward. It was a mediocre track since it was so readily tuned out by me.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The new track reminds me a lot of Nine Inch Nails. I guess I'd read that Axl was listening to a lot of industrial there for awhile.

To me, it's an interesting track but doesn't have much of what I associate with GNR. I can't imagine Slash and Duff wanting to have anything to do with this sort of music.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
said it before and will say it again
Most anticipated fail ever...

after this long and all the crap it will never live up to expectations and mine were low to begin with as im not an Axl fan anyways

not even worth a download for me :(
ah well

·
GoDDDammit.
196 Posts
I heard the title track on the radio last night and was surprised at how well Axl's (heavily processed) vocals actually fit over the Manson-style riffs. The guitar solo was pretty good too but the guitarist (whoever it was, Bumblefoot I'm guessing, but who really knows) started wanking during the second chorus and just kept wailing away in the background until the end of the song, which was kinda disconcerting. Oh well.

The new track reminds me a lot of Nine Inch Nails. I guess I'd read that Axl was listening to a lot of industrial there for awhile.
Yeah, if you've heard any of the stuff that's leaked over the years you get a pretty good impression of when it was recorded by the style of the song, there's rap-metal Axl, faux-NIN Axl, grunge Axl, garage rock Axl... even looking at the proposed tracklisting doesn't give much of a hint as to what the end result will sound like, though, as everything has been re-recorded nineteen thousand times.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Dude, I'm gonna save it. I'll have it in seventeen years when the followup is released.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts