Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek::eek::eek:

LAMB OF GOD has officially parted ways with drummer Chris Adler. His replacement is Art Cruz, who has previously played with PRONG and WINDS OF PLAGUE, and filled in for Adler on several LAMB OF GOD tours in the past year.

LAMB OF GOD announced Adler's exit from the band in a statement earlier today. The group wrote: "Dear LAMB OF GOD fans, we returned last week from a great European festival run and our final tour with SLAYER in North America. We are excited to keep the momentum going and dive into the next record.

"We'd like to officially welcome Art Cruz, who has been playing drums with us on tour for the last year, as the new drummer of LAMB OF GOD. Art will be joining us in the studio as we begin pre-production and recording of a new album.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-lamb-of-god-parts-ways-with-drummer-chris-adler/

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Odd situation. I caught them last month with Slayer and honestly, I didn't even realize Chris wasn't playing drums until my woman pointed it out.

I'm assuming it wasn't a happy situation with those guys. The little blurb that made headlines a month or so ago with Randy saying "It's hard to say what's gonna happen with Chris Adler. I have no comment on him." didn't come off as "Our bro still needs some time to heal up." but more like "The dude is bullshitting around and trying to figure out if he wants to still be in the band while we're on tour and he's booking shows in Russia with some other dudes."

This won't change my life in any way, if anything, LoG can incorporate something new into their future music.

This is big news for that Nitro reunion.
I think someone in that camp said that was already over with.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saw them Live 2 weeks ago and it was one the best Metal shows I have seen/been to. A friend of mine that didn't really knew them spend most of the show totally into it. Another friend that I show some songs to her a couple days before simply loved them.

Just a different angle and Yes I had to go on the Pit :)

So I dont care if their songs are similar, they just crush Live!!!!

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Probably the biggest let down live. I don't get wy everyone thinks they are so good, when I saw them it just was not violent enough, and just seemed like it was a bit lacklustre.

Chris Adlers drumming is one of the things I really really liked about LoG. Shame.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
It's difficult for metal drummers to stand out in today's hyper-produced sample-replaced world. Adler really stood out. He had a kick and snare sound that was unique for metal of that style. Piccolo snare in particular. I'm a huge advocate of piccolo snares in metal, I love that tone when it's done right. It's a bold move for heavier stuff to use that kind of sound, as it's usually associated with either brutal death/grindcore, or nu metal/rap metal, jazz funk etc... Not thrash. Really fit the mix though and made him stand out.

I wonder if the new guy will adopt that same vibe.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Lamb of god has 1 song and they play it over and over.
Correction, they've got about half a dozen Testament wannabe songs that they play over and over; and I'm totally OK with it.

They groove like Pantera without racism
Testament? Granted I do not listen to LOG often, but never heard a Testament vibe. Any examples?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Testament? Granted I do not listen to LOG often, but never heard a Testament vibe. Any examples?
I love both Testament and Lamb of God and I see absolutely zero similarity at all between them. I think MFB is just being silly.
Noodles made the jokes long before me, but it's one of those things that you catch after it's pointed out, the most obvious being these two opening riffs:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.