Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
You mean he can sing like that and was just standing there onstage all those years while Angela glargled away next to him?

Very tasty solo. When did he stop playing Caparisons?

·
Neil deGrasse Tyson is my HERO.
1,053 Posts
You mean he can sing like that and was just standing there onstage all those years while Angela glargled away next to him?

Very tasty solo. When did he stop playing Caparisons?
Imagine Arch Enemy with his vocals...I'd probably buy that record :lol:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

More Chris Amott vocal proficiency. My favorite actually starts 40:27 in which is actually just a demo track. Three is one of my all-time favorite records actually.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Totally looking forward to Armageddon releasing another album. their second and third discs were great (never heard the first one).

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I love Chris Amott's playing however I agree with Angel on the chorus part.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Imagine Arch Enemy with his vocals...I'd probably buy that record :lol:
Dude I'd be their biggest fan! :agreed: I can't stand her vocals. They're right up my street musically but I cannot listen to more than half a song. Such a fucking shame :(

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, that's Van Williams.

FWIW, Arch Enemy has three albums prior to Angela with a male singer.

The album that "Nothing is Nothing" is on only has like 50 physical copies and they were only released in Japan. If you want it, just listen on Spotify or grab it on CDBaby or something.

I definitely recommend Armageddon's 'Three' record - but if you can get the two-disc set of 'Three' and 'Embrace The Mystery', you should. Embrace the mystery is a proggy power metal type thing with a totally different melodic singer. All are solid :metal:

EDIT: Also, it's worth noting that he's been using the Liquifire in the bridge. Not sure what's in the neck, but it's got me really wanting to give it a shot. Love his tone here.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I had no idea chris had a side project, but i stopped following the band a few years ago

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
FWIW, Arch Enemy has three albums prior to Angela with a male singer.
...who sounds like a drunken hobo who accidentally wandered into the vocal booth. :lol:

I actually prefer Angela's vocals to Johan's. Either way, I prefer singing over growling. AE's Wages of Sin would be a top-ten album of mine if it had singing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts