Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, that is weird. I never noticed the chrome tuners.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
^It's not like I said "the bass would be better if it was shaped different, an entirely different color, had different pickups, and a different scale." I just said that it would be better if the headstock was the same color as the body, which really wouldn't drastically change the appearance that much and wouldn't change the sound at all. :nuts:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
^It's not like I said "the bass would be better if it was shaped different, an entirely different color, had different pickups, and a different scale." I just said that it would be better if the headstock was the same color as the body, which really wouldn't drastically change the appearance that much and wouldn't change the sound at all. :nuts:
C'mon man, we're just making fun. The point, though, is that it's just an old Fender P-Bass. It won't have a matching headstock. I'll grant you it would look cool, but it's hard to beat this mojo:

One thing that stands out to me is the knobs... they're supposed to be chrome? :confused: Probably not a bad guitar for $800, it comes with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound split coils...

(Musician's Friend has it filed under fretless basses... :lol:)

·
18,790 Posts
Not to mention there's a good chance the original that it's based on is likely a bit of a mutt. If nothing else, since it's been his main bass since 1970, it's likely that the tuners or other hardware have been replaced at some point. Hell, it originally had a white pickguard.

The point, though, is that it's just an old Fender P-Bass. It won't have a matching headstock.

·
18,790 Posts
^ I didn't mean that black Fender headstocks don't exist, just not on the traditional model. Do you know when they first offered a painted headstock? That white Jazz Bass Special is pretty hot.
I believe the first painted headstocks from Fender came in the 80s, so...yeah :lol: And that's the Frank Bello J-bass and Duff McKagen P-bass.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Duff McKagan was the old P Lyte or P Special or something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.