Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Chris, you were on this thread like peanut butter on balls. Whatcha doing up so late?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I have tomorrow off (well, I have work to do, but I'm doing it from home, I can't write code in the office, too many damn people stop in and interrupt me :lol:) so I started watching the last few episodes of Rome. Couldn't stop. Show is awesome. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked Rome too. I've really been digging Boardwalk Empire recently, great show.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I liked Rome too. I've really been digging Boardwalk Empire recently, great show.
Some of the lines in Rome totally crack me up. When the chick and her servant kill herself, and Marc Anthony just looks all smug and says "Now that... Was an exit.", I laughed my ass off. :lol:

Going to check out BWE once it's on DVD. I don't really watch much TV (would rather read) but when I get into a show, I like to just plow through it (like Drew's mom) and finish it up.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do too. For the longest time I hated that the Sopranos was like $90 a season on DVD. Now years later I have all the seasons and love watching them.

I'm like that too with the show Weeds. Honestly the show is kinda lame but all the weird plot twists keep it interesting enough if you're watching a season at a time. Watching one 30 min episode every week of that show is honestly mind-numbing.

BWE is really frigging good though. The acting is very good, and they used some great CGI on the Atlantic City boardwalk to make it look like it did 90 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
:agreed: I'm with both of you. I never watch TV, but when I do watch television shows, I watch them on DVD so that I can plow through the whole show without having to wait a week for a 40 minute episode and then wait another week for another 40 minute episode. :yesway:

That said, I'll probably buy both Fable III and Dragon Age 2. :lol:

And BSG ruled. :cool: Finished the series about a week ago. Awesome last episode, too.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Battle Star Gallactica? Actually no.
My goodness man. As a space nerd, you absofuckingposilutelysupertively HAVE to watch it. It's absolutely incredible. I have a big thread spoogin' about it in the TV forum. (Where I suppose this thread kinda belongs now :lol:)

I'll play DA:2 when it comes out. I did all the DLC for DA:O. Once I got used to the kinda clunky combat, it's actually a pretty solid game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts