Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Marshall? What happened to Engl? I loved his tone when he was using that. the Nevermore 'Year of the Voyager' DVD just sounds sick.

Although I'm sure he still sounds great. Just curious. I wonder. Oh. I just heard him say using an "Energy Ball' and kinda laugh. I guess that answered that. That's a cool setup. More shit than I'd want, but very cool nonethess.

I think a perfect dream setup for me would be an Axe Fx, since I can run two signals (magnetic and piezo), only use a wireless, no other FX or gear, just a rack to hold those 4 things (also a power conditioner), right into some Atomic powered cabinets. Run DI from the Axe FX out to the house, with cab sims on. How simple, elegant, and perfect. 1 guitar - RG2027. Bingo.

Just thought I'd share. :lol:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Eh, his live tone with Megadeth didn't do it for me at all. Not that you could hear when he wasn't soloing, mind you, since Dave cranks his shitty rhythm tone to be above everyone else.

Testament's tone crushed them.

·
18,790 Posts
Eh, his live tone with Megadeth didn't do it for me at all. Not that you could hear when he wasn't soloing, mind you, since Dave cranks his shitty rhythm tone to be above everyone else.
When I saw them on Gigantour, I had to leave about a song and a half into their set because Dave's tone was literally hurting my ears. I really wanted to see Broderick play, but just couldn't handle it.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts

Testament's tone crushed them.
Aye :agreed:

I saw them two years ago and they sounded unbelievably terrible. In Flames swept the floor with Megadeth at that show IMO.

It wasn't always like this though. I saw Megadeth plenty of times (like 20+) between 1995 and 2000 and each time they had a great live tone and balance. The Ellefson, Friedman, Menza, Mustaine Megadeth sounded the best on CD and live IMO. I actually caught them at a secret show in a small club back when Cryptic Writings came out, and they sounded so incredible live I really had my hopes up for that disc :lol:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
:agreed: Even Children of Bodom sounded better, and I'm not a huge fan of his guitar tone :lol:
When I saw COB live their tone was really terrible, and flat. Not only that but the keyboard player started playing one of the songs in the wrong key, and Alexi had to stop him after about ten seconds to tell him do start again and do it right :spock:

·
18,790 Posts
When I saw COB live their tone was really terrible, and flat. Not only that but the keyboard player started playing one of the songs in the wrong key, and Alexi had to stop him after about ten seconds to tell him do start again and do it right :spock:
Exactly :lol: At least COB didn't hurt my ears :lol: Mustaine's live tone was just so harsh and buzzy I had to walk out :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts