Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
LOL you are crazy man.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's got to be a bitch to pedal.
Not at all, actually. That's why they're so badass! :D I took the demo bike for a blast on the local rail trail, and it was surprisingly agile/nimble. And just hilariously good fun. :lol:

·
Pizza party!
3,284 Posts
Winter riding is tons of fun, even without a fatbike - which, incidentally, I've never tried.

Years back, Nokian tires made a high-volume DH series called "Gazzaloddi", the largest of which was a 24/26 x 3.0. They were ridiculous and made the bikes feel like motorcycles, but did their job. While they were really popular on DH bikes for a couple years around 2002-2003, they fell out of style pretty quickly in favour of tires that could actually turn. It's sort of weird to see big tires come back, but I'm glad it's happening on snow-bikes, rather than, say:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Good color choice. Looks like some kind of bad ass military shit!:metal:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I've never gotten those things. Clearly, I'll have to take it out for a spin. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've never gotten those things. Clearly, I'll have to take it out for a spin. :lol:
Big tires + super low tire pressure (6-8psi) = float on snow and ride all winter long. :yesway:

Uber bonus: More days on the fat bike, less days on the fucking trainer in the winter. :D

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Wirelessly posted

Chris said:
Big tires + super low tire pressure (6-8psi) = float on snow and ride all winter long. :yesway:

Uber bonus: More days on the fat bike, less days on the fucking trainer in the winter. :D
Well, good thing it gets there in August... Just in time for your first blizzard!

1 - 20 of 152 Posts