Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Full playlist:

Kevin Moore is one of the main reasons early Dream Theater was so awesome, I've always thought. This was the album he left the band to release.

If I had to choose a handful of desert island albums, this would make the cut, and this is still my favorite late night driving album, ever. "Colorblind," "Mouse (Watch What Happens Now)" and "America The Video" are better than anything Dream Theater has done since, I think.

Reactions: Worm_Gate
4,429 Posts
I'd say FTI is a pretty fantastic DT album, in my opinion in the same vein as the previous DT stuff in terms of quality. That said I enjoy Moore's solo music more, though they're pretty tough to compare.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Anything chroma key is my jam. I cant get enough. And it sucks there isn't Moore. Get it?
Whats he up to these days anyway. Last I heard he was doing foreign film scores or something. Maybe OSI?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cool! I don't know many people that dig Chroma Key!
Real awesome chill music, with great atmosphere behind it.

My favorite Track off this record:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it's one of my favorite albums. It almost makes it worth Moore leaving DT.

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Man, Dead air for Radios was the soundtrack to my las Masters Degree, writing up the dissertation. Such an immense album, absolutely brilliant.

·
Singlecoil fetishist
68 Posts
Yes! Love that album. The first time I heard Hell Mary I was actually taking a walk through the forest, with my iPod (heh) on shuffle, and I was at a hill with a pretty good view. That song with that scenery was one of the most intense musical experiences I've ever had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts