Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned this for ages, and never actually got around to playing it. Popped it in earlier tonight, and it's actually a shit-ton of fun. Cool dialog, decent enough voice acting, and the gameplay is simple and easy.

Anyone else play it? Super cheap game and the graphics are a bit dated, but so far I'm likin' it. :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Yup, played through the first and second and I love them. Very under rated! If anyone gets the chance I'd recommend playing through both of em.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1045 Safari/532.5)

This has been one of my favorite shooters for years. So much fun. I wish the second movie could have been as good. When it came out the visuals were great, and I loved that you can see your legs. That is something more games should do

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Dude I loved the first movie. My friends and I were really little when it came out and we used to play our own role playing game and my character was part of the same race as him and an awesome assassin guild :lol:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
This game was bad ass! Need to get a copy... I always liked the movies anyway :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting back into this, after having not played in a month because I was in AZ. I'm kinda fuck all lost in terms of missions, but I just got to the mines. Game is awesome. :lol:

·
2,662 Posts
i was about 1/4 through butcher bay when my ps3 broke and i lost all my save files. this is one of the only games i am willing to sit down and re-play through this soon. :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finished it. Awesome game. A little dated, but definitely didn't get enough press as it should have. I owned for well over a year before even playing it. :lol:

Definitely pick this up. :yesway:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Only played Butcher Bay but I thought it was fantastic. The way they setup each encounter made for a really 'tailor made' feeling experience, IMO.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Totally agree. I loved the movies (even the second one :lol:), and the voice acting, script/plot, and stealthy aspects of this totally drew me in. Very, very cool game, and considering the 2-disc set is $15 or so at Gamestop, it's absolutely worth picking up.

·
Serious Bedroom Guitarist
982 Posts
Only played the first game, but I loved it! Voice acting is excellent. So good I ripped the wav files to use one as my text message sound (back when I could change it, damn iPhone :lol:)

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The second game is pretty much the same gameplay-wise as the first, with a bit better graphics and a few new weapons. Which is just fine with me, because the environments, story, and voice acting steal the show (and the gameplay was great anyway).

:yesway:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I never even paid attention to this. 9.3 on Gamespot when BB came out:

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut Review, The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut PC Review - GameSpot.com

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay is one of those exceedingly rare types of games that delivers exceptionally high quality through and through and single-handedly ups the ante for all similar games. The fact that it also happens to be based on a movie franchise--something that's usually a bad sign for a game--makes it all the more incredible. You could call it a first-person shooter, but that would be selling it short. This ambitious game is played mostly from a first-person perspective, and it effectively and innovatively combines excellent shooting, hand-to-hand combat, stealth, and adventure elements with a solid story and truly outstanding, highly atmospheric graphics and sound. The game debuted on the Xbox earlier this year, but it has turned out to be every bit as surprisingly good on the PC, thanks to an excellent translation that shows no traces of the game's console origins. Furthermore, some exciting, brand-new extras that are exclusive to the PC version make it worth experiencing even by those who've played and enjoyed the original version of the game. No, the Chronicles of Riddick isn't a highly anticipated first-person shooter sequel. But don't let that make you assume it can't be one of the year's best action games--because it is.

To make a long story short, The Chronicles of Riddick is one of the best PC action games of the year.

·
2,662 Posts
yeah for some reason this one just fell completely under the radar. who knows why. if the movies were this good, i think it wouldn't have. i liked both movies too, but i know a lot of people didn't.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts