Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fucking addicted to his books :lol:
Obviously fight club was a brillant movie, but i just watched choke for the first time and it too was entertaining as hell. Sam Rockwell was the main character an i fuckin love Sam R. He was hilarious in the hitchikers guide.

I read rant last week, and i'm reading snuff this week.
Hes always throwing a curve ball at ya. Well, to be more realistic its like hes throwing a curveball so hard it does a 180 and comes back and hits ya in the head :lol:
His uses of sexuality is great aswell, always present, but in such a surreal way.

Survivor is next, either that or pygmy

Any other fans?

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've only read Survivor so far, but it was amazing. And I loved the movies Fight Club and Choke. My girlfriend read Rant and said it was amazing as well.
It was wacked out!(rant) It was just weird for the first half, and then the second half made the first half look like moby dick or something.
Also, its an oral history, so its written in a such a weird style that it takes a few chapters to get used to

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
I've only read "Fight Club" but I really enjoyed it. "Survivor" has always intrigued me, I might have to buy it one of these days.

Also, its an oral history, so its written in a such a weird style that it takes a few chapters to get used to
Have you read "Trainspotting" by Irvine Welsh? It's written in a Scottish dialect and takes a bit of getting used to. Welsh writes the same kind of transgressional fiction that Palahniuk does so he might be worth a look in. I can recommend "Filth" most definitely.

If you couldn't do a Scottish accent before reading one of his books, you'll definitely be able to do one afterwards (even if it's only mildly better than Mike Myers abysmal attempt at one)

·
18,790 Posts
It was wacked out!(rant) It was just weird for the first half, and then the second half made the first half look like moby dick or something.
Yeah, that's what my girlfriend was telling me. Can't wait to read it.

I've only read "Fight Club" but I really enjoyed it. "Survivor" has always intrigued me, I might have to buy it one of these days.
Survivor was very interesting. The style was pretty straightforward, the characters are very unique and developed, and the commentary on religion was really interesting. Definitely has some twists and turns, but they all make sense after the fact.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you read "Trainspotting" by Irvine Welsh? It's written in a Scottish dialect and takes a bit of getting used to. Welsh writes the same kind of transgressional fiction that Palahniuk does so he might be worth a look in. I can recommend "Filth" most definitely.

If you couldn't do a Scottish accent before reading one of his books, you'll definitely be able to do one afterwards (even if it's only mildly better than Mike Myers abysmal attempt at one)
I'l totally check this out. I really enjoyed the movie.

Definitely has some twists and turns, but they all make sense after the fact.
I tryed to describe chucks style to my wife and thats kind of how i put it. he writes about a bunch of strange idosyncratic games and philophys ect. but its always thought out and makes sense when you think about it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts