Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a XenApp server up and running now, with Office 2007, AutoCAD, Acrobat, and various other apps, and then enabled the site necessary for the iPad to work (as well as the iPhone and Android too).

Simply awesome. From an iPad 3G, I can access from ANYWHERE documents, and edit them in Office all from this tiny device.

Obviously Citrix is nothing new, but on the iPad it's so much more portable than a laptop is, while retaining all the documents on the network, safe and sound.

I'm really impressed with how well this works, in terms of functionality as well as speed.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Citrix is great when it works but man, when you have problems it's like WHY THE HELL IS IT DOING THAT?!?! :lol: anyway

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wirelessly posted (iDevice of Awesomeness: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Kagami said:
Citrix is great when it works but man, when you have problems it's like WHY THE HELL IS IT DOING THAT?!?! :lol: anyway
It's a whole other ball game than regular RDP, for sure. But the sales dogs are salivating over the ability to carry just an iPad and still access Office from anywhere. Well, anywhere with a wifi or shitty AT&T 3G signal. ;)

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Yeah today I ran into one of those issues. Computer has a time clock application it loads and it does not work and says there is no citrix server at the address specified even though the other 2 applications it can load work fine. I go to the web portal of the server I am loading from and it loads fine from there...

Anyway fuck the tray plugin :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts