Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a blue acoustic Art and Lutherie for my sister for her birthday in a few days. Here's the model ART & LUTHERIE DREADNOUGHT BLUE - Thomann Irish Cyberstore I picked it up 2nd hand and it turns out it's in a little worse condition than I'd hoped. There are some pick marks on the body, they aren't terrible but it's not ideal. I'm thinking there might be a way to clean it up a little before giving it to her. Any ideas what kind of stuff I could use that might clean it up a bit? I know I won't get it perfect but if I can improve the look that would be great. The specs say it's finished in a nitro satin and the finish seems pretty thin.

·
McKilzilla
11 Posts
if nothing else you could tape all the blue very carfully and spray paint the pickguard. itll 97.5% remove them. plus she could pick an awesome color and itll be more unique

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the help guys. I ended up just giving her the guitar as is, I only had a few days and the finish seemed really thin on it so I didn't want to risk doing any more damage to it. She seemed happy with it, though that's pretty much because it was blue more than anything else!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts