1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gary Hoey had a bunch of good shit to say about AV here:

GPGS 2010

:yesway:

Also very cool that he came right out and told the rhythm guitarist to turn down. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judging comments on Clemenzi:

GPGS 2010

Just having George Lynch say my name would be a dream come true. :lol: Great job again guys! Fuckin' awesome!

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Apparently Alexi Laiho plays guitar in Nevermore. I'm sure Jeff will be surprised to hear that.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Apparently Alexi Laiho plays guitar in Nevermore. I'm sure Jeff will be surprised to hear that.
I think George just didn't know Jeff's name and it was more of a "Freak Kitchen, the dude from Nevermore, Alexi Laiho" just rattling off versus "Alexi Laiho of Nevermore," kind of thing

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I think George just didn't know Jeff's name and it was more of a "Freak Kitchen, the dude from Nevermore, Alexi Laiho" just rattling off versus "Alexi Laiho of Nevermore," kind of thing
Yeah, but he brings it up while he's talking ERG players.

EDIT: It probably was just tossing an extra name in there, but I still thought it was funny.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Thanks fellas :wub:

I cant possibly explain how nerve-wracking it was to stand there after that performance... LOL I personally couldnt be happier with their comments, definitely epic as fuck regardless of my terrible tone...

:rant: damn mesa rep LOL :rant:
:lol:

I was a little taken aback at first when you said you couldn't dial anything in, but hearing the video, I can see where you're coming from. Your tone is a bit more aggressive and raw, whereas what you had to work with on stage seemed to be more smooth and polished. I'm pretty positive you can get closer to a 5150, had you more time to test/tweak/etc, but given the time constraint, it still sounded pretty good :yesway:

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
:lol:

I was a little taken aback at first when you said you couldn't dial anything in, but hearing the video, I can see where you're coming from. Your tone is a bit more aggressive and raw, whereas what you had to work with on stage seemed to be more smooth and polished. I'm pretty positive you can get closer to a 5150, had you more time to test/tweak/etc, but given the time constraint, it still sounded pretty good :yesway:
I completely agree to be honest. My friend also got footage from the house mix which sounded much better. I've heard what Mesa boogie can do and it sure in hell wasnt that! LOL.

I ran a keeley modded TS808 with my NS2 in front of it. Cant imagine what it would have sounded like without it :nono:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Awesome job Eric and Angel! :bowdown:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I completely agree to be honest. My friend also got footage from the house mix which sounded much better. I've heard what Mesa boogie can do and it sure in hell wasnt that! LOL.

I ran a keeley modded TS808 with my NS2 in front of it. Cant imagine what it would have sounded like without it :nono:
If you don't mind, how much time did the backing band actually work with people to get their tracks in place?

It seemed like Eric had to make a lot of corrections for them missing changes in his stuff, and I've seen him live and the tone he gets (out of his Mesa, the model for the life of me I can't remember, but it's not a Recto) is a lot better than what he had for the comp.

You guys both slayed, don't get me wrong, but everyone really does play better through their own rig.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Chris,

A. DC-5
B. From what he told me, the band got 20 minutes to learn everyone's song, which meant they could do I think 3 real play-throughs of his song

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DC-5, spot on. :yesway:

Kind of invalidates Lynch's comments about him "having to instruct the band" though. I mean, they didn't know the song, everyone else would have done the same thing.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts