Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yes.

When I heard this for the first time, all I could think is "omg, he fixed his guitar tone - this is now my favorite band"

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
That album was the surprise face crushing of the year. It's like they decided to quit being so prog, and start being anvil-dropping heavy.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:agreed: That's why I wasn't a big fan before. This album, on the other hand, is just amazing.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Yep. I could never really get into them until now. It's like they decided they didn't want people calling them prog pussies or something.

Sadly, they pissed off a lot of the prog fans with this one. However, since we have already established that these people are pussies, they should simply go home and apply more Vagisil.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

Chris, make sure to catch them when they come your way. They are one of the best live acts I have ever seen. Russ is roughly eight feet tall, and owns that stage like a viking. :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually skipped the show not long ago, and Drew went. (Talk about a reversal :lol:) I didn't like their older, more-proggy stuff. :(

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I actually skipped the show not long ago, and Drew went. (Talk about a reversal :lol:) I didn't like their older, more-proggy stuff. :(
Big opps, since their set on the last tour was 3/4 of the new album. :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suggest you listen to this.

I could do without the keyboard solos though.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Fuck you. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
'Twas a good show actually... was great to see Epica opening for them too, even though Simone was laid up for a while.

And yeah, the show was like the whole new album with like Inferno and one or two other older songs thrown in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts