Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NEED AXE-FX NEED AXE-FX NEED AXE-FX NEED AXE-FX

Oh yeah, nice playing dude. :lol: :vince:
ha yeah I should give a run down of what I'm using there actually. All the guitars are direct line-in off the AFX.

rhythm guitars - Solo 99 LD
first lead guitar - Synth going through Recto Orange
main lead guitars - USA Lead 1 (Mark IV/Triaxis)

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Sounds great. How did you get the SLO to sound so good? I can get it to sound good for lead guitar, but it's completely useless to me for rhythm guitar. RECTO NEW, DAS METALL, PVH 5105, USA RHY 1, FAS MODERN, ENERGYBALL, SHIVER LD, EURO UBER, and CA3+ LD are all amps I can easily get good sounding distorted rhythm guitar. But not the SLO. I don't know how you do it. :lol:

Your songs always have the most catchy lead guitar. :lol: Love that.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here you go Naren! I hit it with another layer of EQ in post, but this is how it sounds coming out of the AFX. If you use this through a real power amp and speaker cab, take off the graphic EQ.

Guitar in -> Comp -> Drive -> Amp -> GEQ -> Cab -> out

Compressor - studio

Thresh - 48
Ratio 2.39
attack 0.31
release 1.06
level 3.9 dB
soft knee

Drive: BB Preamp
drive 0, tone 5, level 6.26

Amp: Solo 99 LD

Drive 5
Bass 4.02
Mid 3.86
Treble w/ BRT 6.81

Pres: 0.39
Depth: 2.44
Damp 4.02
Sag 5
master 6.38
level -7 dB
warmth & thump 2
tonestack passive
pwr tube bias: 0.343

Graphic EQ:

63 -3.5, 125 0, 250 1.3, 500 -4.3, 1k -6.2, 2k 0, 4k 2.8, 8k 3.6

Cab sim 4x12 recto 2, mic R121 Cond

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use the BB preamp over the 808s because it doesn't lose bass and is an overall warmer and looser sounding OD. The amp model is tight enough and doesn't require much gain at all to get a really crushing sound.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Thanks, Vince. :yesway: I'll mess with that when I get home from work. I doubt I'll like it better than my Recto New and Das Metall presets, but I'm betting it'll sound pretty kickass. :metal:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Kickass, bro. :lol: Listening on shitty earbuds it's tough to say much about the mix, but I think I'd like to hear the riffing down a bit and the leads more prominent. I mean, you're almost going to HAVE to do that, once you get the bass in there, but then pull the bass/riff down a nudge too.

Sounds awesome though - best I've heard your lead tone sound, too!

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kickass, bro. :lol: Listening on shitty earbuds it's tough to say much about the mix, but I think I'd like to hear the riffing down a bit and the leads more prominent. I mean, you're almost going to HAVE to do that, once you get the bass in there, but then pull the bass/riff down a nudge too.

Sounds awesome though - best I've heard your lead tone sound, too!
I agree 100%, like I said it isn't mixed yet. I'm a nazi when it comes to mixing, I'll go in and zero out any noise between palm mutes, cut and paste over excessive string scrapes, etc. I'm almost OCD about mixing when it comes time for it for sure!

Thanks guys about the tone. Yeah it's funny I've got 4 albums now of guitar and this tone kills all of them both rhythm and lead. Now to further make the rhythm guitars just ridiculous so Drew has to form Mustaine-like picking accuracy to play them when he backs me up in Phoenix next year :fawk:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Hey, if you WANT a rhythm guitarist with sloppy-assed picking technique butchering your riffs, suit yourself. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts