Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so a quick and dirty re-track of one of my demos. Guitars are all single-take through the whole song, and not the tightest.

Gear used:

Warmoth Tele
HD500 (AC30 preamp model for clean, Tube Drive boost on dirties)
Peavey Windsor head
Peavey 412ms
Shure SM57

A bit of EQ on the dirty guitars to tame the fact that a Telecaster into a Marshall-style head with not-so-great mic position is bright as hell :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/demo67-windsor-mix-1

And for a fun comparison, here's my old mix with all DI-ed HD500 (Mesa model):

http://soundcloud.com/aaronvsmusic/demo67-mix-1

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm definitely a Strat and Tele guy, though I'll eventually add a Singlecut SE to my arsenal and maybe an Explorer some day.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm definitely a Strat and Tele guy, though I'll eventually add a Singlecut SE to my arsenal and maybe an Explorer some day.
I will have a SE and Explorer back in my arsenal one day. :lol: Both are great, though I am really getting away from mahogany and humbuckers for some reason. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Nice! New mix sounds quite a bit warmer and lusher. I'm a big fan of the sound of bright guitars without a ton of gain for rhythm stuff. :yesway:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Drew said:
Nice! New mix sounds quite a bit warmer and lusher. I'm a big fan of the sound of bright guitars without a ton of gain for rhythm stuff. :yesway:
:agreed: Can't wait to get it really dialed in.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Sounds fucken great man. You come up with good chorus riffs :D

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

Listening on my headphones with fresh ears, I overcompensated a bit with the EQ and have made the low mids a bit too muddy/chunky, but I'm loving this amp and setup so far. :D

Of course, a certain portion of that is just the natural roar this amp and guitar combination has. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.