Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
unless you're Dana, in which case you'd rather jamb pencils thru your ear drums than listen to Clutch....

i tried giving it a listen... nope.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I love Clutch but this tune you posted sounds to clean.....bring back the dirty raw Clutch.:yesway:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IIRC from the podcast I listened to with the singer, this album was actually meant to capture more of their live sound and features more long takes and less editing and punching in.
Yup, they've posted about a dozen videos of behind the scenes stuff for this new one, and looks like they all played together in the studio, and the majority of those tracks are what made it to tape.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Yup, they've posted about a dozen videos of behind the scenes stuff for this new one, and looks like they all played together in the studio, and the majority of those tracks are what made it to tape.
They released this on tape?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Clutch is one of those bands that for some reason I always THINK I'm going to like, but am always disappointed when I hit play.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
I like Clutch - but I tend to gravitate toward songs like "Our Lady of Electric Light." I don't like everything they do.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Clutch is one of those bands that for some reason I always THINK I'm going to like, but am always disappointed when I hit play.
I was the same way until I saw them live. I'm not sure what it was, but that's what it took for them to click.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Long time Clutch fan, here. No criticism if you dislike them but I've always thought they sounded consistent, I'm not sure how you can like one album by them exclusively and not another. :2c:

·
18,790 Posts
Long time Clutch fan, here. No criticism if you dislike them but I've always thought they sounded consistent, I'm not sure how you can like one album by them exclusively and not another. :2c:
I like everything I've heard from them, it's just that all of the Clutch songs I want to listen to when I'm thinking about listening to Clutch are on that album :lol:

·
Registered
374 Posts
I remember hearing Neil give an interview around the time that Lemmy died. He was recounting the first and only time he met Lemmy, who approached him backstage. Lemmy says "you're Neil, from Clutch right?" Neil is starstruck and intimidated and says "yes...Lemmy, sir." Lemmy goes "you play very...consistent," then walks away. Neil is freaking out thinking "does that mean consistent...good, or consistent, bad?"

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
The vocals sound separated from the the music, in a bad way, on this song OP posted. I dunno I can't quite put my finger on it. I like all their former stuff though pretty much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts