Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. :lol:

Steve Jobs' reality distortion takes its toll on truth

Apple twisted facts and used an erroneous quotation to try to convince crowds that all other tablets had no shot at de-throning the iPad in 2011.

In what seems like a ritual at this point, I watched Apple's iPad 2 keynote in disbelief, noting the factual errors that kept coming up minute after minute. See previous:

How Steve Jobs turned a finger spot into a death grip
Google responds to Steve Jobs' activation counting accusations
Why does Android have Steve Jobs rattled?
So, let's get started: As part of the opening iPad bullet points, Apple included this gem:
Steve Jobs' reality distortion takes its toll on truth - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raging fanboys either way are always hilarious. Read some of the comments, it's like Youtube.

It's a fuckin' tablet. Use what you like, both are great. :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Raging fanboys either way are always hilarious. Read some of the comments, it's like Youtube.

It's a fuckin' tablet. Use what you like, both are great. :lol:
I think it's funny how genuinely angry people got about the Conan video.

I think it's hysterical, because it's partially (mostly, some would say) true. In contrast, I think the blogger from CNN needs to settle down and breath. It's Apple. It's Steve Jobs. This is how they've been as long as I can remember. Getting offended by it now is a little late.

What did he want Jobs to say? Basically what the Conan video does? He's a sales pitch guy, and a damn good one. But anyone who buys something just based on what someone says is a fucking retard anyway.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts

YouTube - Apple Gets Cocky About iPad 2

I think it's hysterical, because it's partially (mostly, some would say) true. In contrast, I think the blogger from CNN needs to settle down and breath. It's Apple. It's Steve Jobs. This is how they've been as long as I can remember. Getting offended by it now is a little late.

What did he want Jobs to say? Basically what the Conan video does? He's a sales pitch guy, and a damn good one. But anyone who buys something just based on what someone says is a fucking retard anyway.
Video is no longer available.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts

YouTube - Apple Gets Cocky About iPad 2

One would argue though that its the medias duty to seek out the truth... not that this is important though :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
One would argue though that its the medias duty to seek out the truth... not that this is important though :lol:
Yeah, I agree. However it's a marketing event for Apple. I think they've set a precedent for exaggeration, and I think that's been clear for awhile now. I think shit like this is rampant, and it's not just Apple either.

I also think the CNN blog wasn't proper reporting either, especially for CNN. I'd expect that kind of reaction from Gizmodo or Engadget.

For the average person shopping for a tablet, none of this matters anyway. What do they care if the iPad is the first dual core shipping in volume? What do they care about any of the stats? They don't. They care A. how much it costs, and B. what it does. Even the speed of it isn't a big impact.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
Yeah, I agree. However it's a marketing event for Apple. I think they've set a precedent for exaggeration, and I think that's been clear for awhile now. I think shit like this is rampant, and it's not just Apple either.

I also think the CNN blog wasn't proper reporting either, especially for CNN. I'd expect that kind of reaction from Gizmodo or Engadget.

For the average person shopping for a tablet, none of this matters anyway. What do they care if the iPad is the first dual core shipping in volume? What do they care about any of the stats? They don't. They care A. how much it costs, and B. what it does. Even the speed of it isn't a big impact.
You'd expect that from Gizmodo or Engadget? Really? I'd just expect them to continue to suckle the Apple teet like they always do :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts