1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
It damn well better have the line, "Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!"

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Looks great. :yesway: It's not really a remake since it's based off of the novel that the original John Wayne film was based on instead of being based on the film itself.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great. :yesway: It's not really a remake since it's based off of the novel that the original John Wayne film was based on instead of being based on the film itself.
I didnt know the original was based of of a novel.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I haven't read the novel, so I cannot speak to it, but the intro of that trailer is an almost verbatim version of the original movie.

Goudy: [cross-examining Rooster] How many men have you shot since you became a marshal, Mr. Cogburn?
Rooster Cogburn: I never shot nobody I didn't have to.
Goudy: That was not the question. How many?
Rooster Cogburn: Uh... shot or killed?
Goudy: Oh, let's restrict it to "killed" so we may have a manageable figure.
I'm not that big of a John Wayne fan, but the original was one hell of a movie, and it won Wayne his best actor Oscar. This movie better bring it.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I haven't read the novel, so I cannot speak to it, but the intro of that trailer is an almost verbatim version of the original movie.

I'm not that big of a John Wayne fan, but the original was one hell of a movie, and it won Wayne his best actor Oscar. This movie better bring it.
It's got Jeff Bridges, I don't doubt it will bring it!

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Saw this, awesome fucking movie. Just gritty as hell, and very dark. Jeff Bridges, as expected, is awesome, but the girl makes it.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^Good!

I havent had the chance to see it yet. Hopefully I get to catch it next weekend.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The interplay between Jeff Bridges, Matt Daemon, and Hailee Steinfeld is just amazing. You've got the two lawmen just badgering each other the whole time, with this bull-headed, prudish little girl made out of a side of iron constantly calling them on their shit. It's absolutely hilarious...

...and then lots of people die.

·
Puddin
1,793 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Stupid Motorola Backflip: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; MB300 Build/Blur_Version.0.13.37.MB300.ATT.en.US Flex/P014) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Want to see it! My friends were comparing it to Crazy Heart. Still haven't seen that, but if what they're saying is true, this movie should be epic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts