Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oddball problem, hopefully one of you fine lads can help me out. I have two MIDI drum tracks that became a happy accident when they landed on top of each other. DKFH plays both sets of hits when it gets to that segment, and it sounds monstrous.

Normally, gluing tracks is easy - pick what I want to combine, and then just glue 'em. However since these are on top of each other, I can only select one of them. :lol: If I move one out of the way, and pick the one "below" it:

It becomes deselected as soon as I clicked the "top" track to drag it back into position. I got around it by shifting the entire project over, extending the bottom track, shortening it, and then sliding everything back into place but that seems a bit ridiculous.

Is there a quick and easy way to accomplish this? Basically I want to be able to move a track, without unselecting another one.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Can you not just +x it from one segment, make sure the playhead is in the same location, and +v it in the second one?

I'm guessing here. in cubase it just works. :fawk:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you not just +x it from one segment, make sure the playhead is in the same location, and +v it in the second one?

I'm guessing here. in cubase it just works. :fawk:
That wouldn't work in either piece of software you shitball. You still have two tracks on top of each other. The reason I want to glue them together is to combine them into one, and open it in a single piano roll. If I just plop them on top of each other, they will play normally and sound the same as if they're glued - but in gluing them, Reaper will merge the MIDI hits and I can edit both pieces as a single track.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
That wouldn't work in either piece of software you shitball. You still have two tracks on top of each other. The reason I want to glue them together is to combine them into one, and open it in a single piano roll. If I just plop them on top of each other, they will play normally and sound the same as if they're glued - but in gluing them, Reaper will merge the MIDI hits and I can edit both pieces as a single track.
I know what you fucking meant shitface, what I meant was, since you can't read:

1) Move one of the tracks to another channel in the same location (as you appear to have done in that picture above).
2) Open piano roll.
3) Select all, and copy or cut.
4) Open other drum segment in the piano roll.
5) Make sure playhead is at the start of the bar.
6) Paste.
7) If this doesn't work, GET A BETTER DAW :yesway:

This fucking works in Cubase, so don't give me your cheek! :mad:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dunno, I haven't tried it yet. If you had been able to properly explain yourself in the first post, Reaper would have still been open and I would have been able to do it on the spot. :lol:

I'll give it a shot and take back what I said about the Queen if so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts