Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
You're a good man. Just put the right-handed one first next time. It's like women and children, or white people. They always come first.

Looks sweet - specs?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're a good man. Just put the right-handed one first next time. It's like women and children, or white people. They always come first.

Looks sweet - specs?
Heh.

It's basically a lefty Guthrie clone with a few changes - a cocobolo board, a double oval inlay on the 12th fret, and abalone rather than MOP.

More pics

Forgot to say - It also has stainless frets.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome dude! That thing looks awesome! Is that the Guthrie model. I love me some Guthrie!
Well, it's not officially a GG model, they won't make a lefty version. But you can order the exact same specs, but no GG signature on the back of the headstock.

The funny thing - I wasn't terribly familiar with Guthrie until after I ordered this guitar, I just thought he had fine taste in guitars. I now own Erotic Cakes and know he has fine taste in music too :)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
I've never really figured out how you would buy one of these.. Is it like you tell them what you want they make it then sell it to you? or You FIND what you like then buy it?

Sorry for the Noob question :lol: Just never knew how Suhrs worked. As in buying one... :squint:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never really figured out how you would buy one of these.. Is it like you tell them what you want they make it then sell it to you? or You FIND what you like then buy it?

Sorry for the Noob question :lol: Just never knew how Suhrs worked. As in buying one... :squint:
You check out the appropriate price list for options. Then you find a dealer and place an order. About 8-9 months later you have a Suhr :)

And note, before you gag on the prices - expect to pay about 30% less (in the case of this guitar ~$3800).

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
You check out the appropriate price list for options. Then you find a dealer and place an order. About 8-9 months later you have a Suhr :)

And note, before you gag on the prices - expect to pay about 30% less (in the case of this guitar ~$3800).
:yesway: Awesome. I thought it was pretty much a high end production line..but its Like a Higher end Carvin line :lol:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, its actually built how you ordered it! :lol:
Perhaps... the photographic evidence from the dealer strongly suggests it was built at ordered. But knowing what people can do with photoshop, I'll reserve final judgment for when it's sitting in my grubby paws. :lol:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Perhaps... the photographic evidence from the dealer strongly suggests it was built at ordered. But knowing what people can do with photoshop, I'll reserve final judgment for when it's sitting in my grubby paws. :lol:
I'm surprised Roter didn't accuse you of Photoshopping the guitar into the incorrect orientation.

"Well all I know Mr. Customer is that when that guitar left our shop, it was checked to be in the same orientation as ordered, so I have to ask how it is possible that it is now in the wrong orientation. :nuts:"

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:rofl:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I'm surprised Roter didn't accuse you of Photoshopping the guitar into the incorrect orientation.

"Well all I know Mr. Customer is that when that guitar left our shop, it was checked to be in the same orientation as ordered, so I have to ask how it is possible that it is now in the wrong orientation. :nuts:"
WIN!

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━&#
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Very true.

Luckily, the Roter will be in the hands of a qualified and (mostly) disinterested third party within hours. Hopefully the veracity of my claim will be verified and my honor restored!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts