Metal Guitarist Forums banner

241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
With as many forums as they’ve bought, I wonder how many just said “Fuck this. We’re out.”?

On our last day, someone should be chosen to post one final thread in every forum- “Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here”

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
Turn the lights off, will you?..

Reactions: 1

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Wait.. you guys actually made the hidden forums public? I missed that part.

Jesus christ, you're about as smart as a fish out of water who wasn't that smart to begin with.

Reactions: Dominic

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
You buncha meatswords are giving Canadians a bad name.

Reactions: 3641

·
Read Only
1,264 Posts
how do I get all my posts, metadata and information deleted?

this forum no longer is aligned with my interesta

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I sent the admin account a PM asking for my account and information to be deleted - let's see what happens.

In the infamous sidebar, they claim to be GDPR compliant, which means they have to delete your account if you request it.

·
Administrator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Hello all,

Lifetime Premium membership has been restored for all members of the Forum MVP group. This will allow the option to toggle the sidebar and have a reduced ad experience.

If you would like your account to be closed please reach out via the Contact Us link below:

Admin

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
i mostly just lurk these days, but between here and sso, ive been coming around nearly like 2 decades? this is sadder than the sso change
these new guys just really dont understand this community, and what made it as valuable as it really is. this doesnt feel like a very metal thing

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
So, to maintain GDPR compliance you're "anonymizing" user accounts, but how can you truly be GDPR compliant without removing the user's posts? For example, I have over 5000 posts, how can anyone be sure that their account has truly been wiped of any personal info if you keep content? Plus, the country flag of the member's who have been deleted is still there, which is another piece of the puzzle if you were trying to make people's accounts anonymous.

Also, I was trying to delete my old content, and I can only edit 10 posts within a 7 day period. I have 180 started threads so it will take me over 4 months of editing 10 threads every week to get rid of those, that doesn't include my 5000 posts on other people's threads.

If I submit a request would you be able to nuke all my posts? You already doxxed the people who posted in MVP/VIP forums, I want my old content deleted before submitting the request to have my account deleted to assure that you've protected my data as per GDPR regulations.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
So, to maintain GDPR compliance you're "anonymizing" user accounts, but how can you truly be GDPR compliant without removing the user's posts? For example, I have over 5000 posts, how can anyone be sure that their account has truly been wiped of any personal info if you keep content? Plus, the country flag of the member's who have been deleted is still there, which is another piece of the puzzle if you were trying to make people's accounts anonymous.

Also, I was trying to delete my old content, and I can only edit 10 posts within a 7 day period. I have 180 started threads so it will take me over 4 months of editing 10 threads every week to get rid of those, that doesn't include my 5000 posts on other people's threads.

If I submit a request would you be able to nuke all my posts? You already doxxed the people who posted in MVP/VIP forums, I want my old content deleted before submitting the request to have my account deleted to assure that you've protected my data as per GDPR regulations.
I would also like to know this.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
And of course the Admin has gone silent. So how do we go about lodging a complaint since they're using the GDPR compliant badge and they clearly aren't?

·
Registered
325 Posts
There's plenty of posts in the buy/sell-section containing personal information like location and email address, so a half-assed "anonymizing" won't cut it for GDPR compliance for the many opt-outs since new site management took over...

For EU citizens there's always this site to file a formal complaint against the site, will do so if nothing happens:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yeah, not to mention it's been almost 24 hours since I sent my request to have my posts deleted and there's been no response/action.

241 - 260 of 283 Posts