Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mac Mini sitting on top of my rack that I use to control the Axe and run some outboard Plugins. Hanging off of that is an M-Audio Uno USB to MIDI that I plug into my Ultra when I want to use Axe-Edit. When I'm done, I unplug the Uno (from both in/out) and plug my floorboard into the Input. Right now I have a MidiMate, but I'm picking up an MFC-101 this week and I'd like to use the 7-pin/no-power option if I can.

Assuming that I can just leave the output from the Axe connected to my computer, is one of these all I'd need:

Amazon.com: MIDI Solutions Merger 2 Input MIDI Merger: Musical Instruments

If I went the 5-pin route? Just run the floorboard and the Input from my computer into that, and leave the output as-is? Or is there a cleaner/better way to go about it? All I'm looking to do is have my computer and my floorboard connected at the same time without having to swap cables around.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have thought about going this route too. I haven't tried it yet but I think that should be all you need. If you still wanted to go the 7 pin midi route, I think you could get one of the rocktron 5 pin to 7 pin midi cables and still be able to run phantom power to the MFC.

BTW- I hate you for getting an MFC because I want one bad. :rant:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts