Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to cut costs by getting rid of Comcast Cable, we don't watch a lot of TV, usually maybe an hour before we go to bed. Anyway, I discovered a Online TV service that gives you way more channels for way less than Comcast.

I know it is possible to connect my PC to my TV with a simple adapter, but is it possible to do this and browse the internet while watching something different on the TV (that is connected to PC for programming)? If not, no biggie and wouldn't bother me much anyway, I am just curious if there is anything out there to do this.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
If your TV is your second monitor on the PC, absolutely. Just use whatever Internet TV app you're using on the TV, and use your PC monitor normally.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your TV is your second monitor on the PC, absolutely. Just use whatever Internet TV app you're using on the TV, and use your PC monitor normally.
Hmm, I'll have to look into the software a bit more, I haven't bought it yet, and I have also never used a 2 monitor setup before, but I think I see what you're saying and I see how it could work. :yesway:

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
What Chris said. I used to do it all the time, browsing and chatting on my main monitor while watching videos on my TV.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Which online tv service do you like? Been thinking about cutting the cable myself.
Im not sure, i've seen a few that are super cheap, and even give International channels (in English apparently) which would be very cool, but I am a bit skeptical because all of them seem to have the same trend of not giving specific channel names. If its going to be 3000 channels worth of shit, i'll stick with comcast. :lol:

Just found this one: Satellite TV on PC :: Watch over 5000 Channels of International Television Free for 30 Days.

That gives a 30 day trial, so I am going to see if its legit. :yesway:

*Edit* Free trial doesn't work anymore apparently :noway:

Found one that actually gives you specific channels :yesway:
http://www.direct-pctv.com/?id=ch3nguo

Found a demo version of a different company's, they didn't have much selection on the demo but it actually works very good, so I guess i'll go with the last link I posted, since it actually gives a list of all channels.

·
should really be working.
366 Posts
I'll be very interested in hearing your review of direct-pctv. I'm a bit skeptical of such things. I'll probably just use hulu and others like it for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts