Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

No surprise here... Loomis & Merrow writing an album together and it sounds Epic.

I am very pleased to see how well Merrow is doing with his musical career, he has is such a talented guitar player and it is quite nice to see him do something with such talented musicians! Plus him and Loomis are just monster writers together. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:dgaf:

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
It sounds alright, wish there was vocals... Although I'm only halfway through the teaser so maybe there's a track I haven't heard yet...

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I play solo on one of the songs! But compared to Loomis and Hauch hearing it is like listening to a 5 year old play guitar...
Your solo is the only thing on that track with any melody whatsoever, dude.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
The teaser didn't contain anything that really stood out to me, though I'll definitely check out the album. Loomis has a tendency to overdo it with too many drum hits and guitar layers going all the time, which doesn't allow things to breathe.

On an album with two lead guitarists, it helps if they work to create contrasts with each other, both in terms of sound and style, and I wasn't hearing any of that in the teaser.

Ola, your part in that jam thing was definitely what stood out about it.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'll definitely check this out. :yesway:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I'll be happy when this comes out. I donated/paid way back when they were thinking about getting this going (similar to what Angel did). I think I'm supposed to get a T-Shirt & a DVD or something, along with the album.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Two monster riff writers, with Merrow's awesome song structure? This should rip.

I didn't really care for Loomis's solo album, but I love his lead playing. Merrow on the other hand is a fucking riff monster. :metal:

·
Resident Winger Overlord
4,287 Posts
given that I've been a Loomis fan for almost 20 years, I'm bias as fuck, and ill say this stuff sounds killer to me….

of course it sounds like a Loomis album, its Loomis for cripes sake!

Listening to the clips, i hear much more time put into the riffs, not just soloing, which is off the charts as always.

whats not to enjoy here… its a couple of killer players just shredding the shit outta their guitars. In my world that = awesome

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Two monster players and I would really like to hear the whole album but some of the clips just sound so busy. I really like the tune in the Jam up video.:yesway:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm super excited. Big fan of everyone involved Merrow, Loomis, Alex X2, even the production team. The guys at Audiohammer did this record and they do a great job on everything they do IMHO.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Two monster riff writers, with Merrow's awesome song structure? This should rip.

I didn't really care for Loomis's solo album, but I love his lead playing. Merrow on the other hand is a fucking riff monster. :metal:
Most accurate thing said in this thread so far.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts