Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Contemplating selling my RGT and getting a MTM2

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr. S 
#1 ·
Basically I never really play my six anymore (well except my bass) but I like having a sixer about for kicks more than anything, I've got an RGT42DX with EMGs in and it's a bloody nice guitar, granted not on the same level as my K7 and UV but a great guitar but again it hardly gets used...
So I'm thinking about selling it off putting half of the money towards my new computer/custom git fund and the other half towards a MTM2 but does anyone know how they compare as I've never actually seen one in the shops here.

I've heard nothing but good things about the MTM and it looks the fucking business but I'd hate for it to be that huge a step down in playability. I'm just wondering if its worth it really. :confused:

Anyone own/owned both or played one and own the other?

#3 ·
Eh, the grain doesn't bother me too much if anything I'll just ebonize it to fuck so its too dark too see :lol:

As for the tuners that's a bit of a pain but can be upgraded over time, I think that's the beauty of this guitar for me really, its just so plain I can go about modding the crap out of it over time...
In terms of neck profile how does the MTM compare to the RGT? I've always found the profile on my my RGT to be a little rounder than I normally like compared to the necks on my UV and K7.

Cheers for your help though dude :metal:

#7 ·
MTM2 is a wicked guitar, it really is. Superb hardware, awesome neck, and plays really well. Fixed trem, but, a locking fixed trem.

The only thing shit about it to be honest is the pickups, but, as a crafty move, just plonk the EMG's out of your RGT, plonk the MTM's pickups into RGT, and job a good un for ebay :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.