Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My grandmother painted this a long ass time ago. I'm not sure when, but I'm pretty sure it was the 50's or 60's. It was in my father's old bedroom of their house from the time I was born until my grandmother passed away a little over a year ago. Before I even started playing guitar, I'd stare at that painting for some reason. I didn't even know she had painted it until my dad informed me in my teens, but this was one of those things that would come to mind as soon as someone brought up my grandmother or my grandparent's house.

She had a ton of art in all forms, engravings, colored pencil, watercolor, etc and after she passed, my aunt let all of us grandchildren pick what we wanted. Everyone wanted this painting, out of the 12 of us, I think there was maybe 1 person who didn't pick it. I don't know how they decided that I'd be the one to get it (I have 2 other cousins who play guitar as well) to get it, but I got choked up when I opened the box tonight and pulled it out. It's nothing amazing, but there's so many memories and feelings behind this....I guess you could say it's the first piece of art I ever appreciated, just figured I'd share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts