Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Nobody Has Seen Me Lately
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I found cleaning the shop tonight.
Dimebags first Washy prototype just after I built it, and the first white-wood MG sample on the right. Picture was taken in the sound room at the Washburn Custom shop on Elston Ave in Chicago circa `93.
The amps and rack gear was all of Grover Jacksons personal gear.

·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a folder somewhere around here with a bunch of polaroids of the guitars I made for Joe Perry, Michael Wilton,Sammy Hagar, Jennifer Batten, Nuno, ect....
Just need to find it:metal:

·
I think too much
1,877 Posts
What a great snapshot in history. Has it really been almost 4 years since that fateful night?

·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still get chills looking at the stuff.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Say it isn't so Mike.........

You actually cleaned the shop? HAH :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for sharing!!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
mike, i didnt know you built guitars for so many pros!

that's awesome, and that polaroid is sweet. must bring back memories for you, eh?

RIP Dime :(.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That is truly awesome.

Amazing pieces of history... you are a lucky man, Mike.

I'd honestly love to see more.

·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for sharing Mike. Your modesty is refreshing. Some people would probably be bragging about such things.
How could you brag about losing a good friend? Honestly, Dime was the nicest, most down to earth person I have ever known. I don`t think I will ever come to terms with what happened to him. I was honored to be his friend, and that he believed in my work enough to make the jump to Washburn. He was a true class act, and I miss our conversations.
RIP Bro:dime:

·
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I meant bragging about having built guitars for so many famous people. My apologies for the confusion.
No apologies necessary, Bro:yesway:
I have been fortunate to meet some cool people along way:metal: Thanks for the kind words.:dio:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts