Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cover of SikTh's "Way Beyond The Fond Old River" [including harmonised solo]

According to iTunes and Last.fm, this is my most-played song by quite a long way - and for good reason. I don't know if I'll ever get enough of that outro riff!

Anyway, as I said in my comment on YouTube, this is a little bit of a trip down memory lane, as SikTh were pretty much the first band to really get me interested in this style of guitar playing. Hope you enjoy the video!

Guitar is my beautifully 80's Kramer Nightswan II (with a TZ in the bridge), and all tones are straight Pod XT Live (no post-processing).

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You picked my least favorite Sikth song :lol:
Haha, not quite sure how anyone could dislike this song, based on that one riff alone! Then again, when you've got a back catalogue like SikTh's, I guess "least favourite" doesn't actually mean that much...

Damn, man! Nice job! :yesway:
Thanks very much, glad you enjoyed it!

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Awesome job, man. My favorite Sikth song is probably "Sanguine Seas of Bigotry," but "Way Beyond the Fond Old River" is definitely one of my favorite Sikth songs and you totally nailed it. :yesway:

You picked my least favorite Sikth song :lol:
:squint: I hate you... Version 3.0 :squint:

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man, and if I'm right in assuming you're "Nyarlathotepiscool" on YouTube (how many Erics can there be in Tokyo who have an RG8527z?), then cheers for the comment on there too!

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Thanks man, and if I'm right in assuming you're "Nyarlathotepiscool" on YouTube (how many Erics can there be in Tokyo who have an RG8527z?), then cheers for the comment on there too!
:lol: Yeah, that's me. I might be the only Eric in the world with an RG8527. Not many of those out there.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
OK, next time we have a London meet-up, you're going to be present, and you're going to bring that Kramer!:lol:

Seriously awesome stuff dude!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts