Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to get better at recording and thought I'd give one of my favorite current songs, "Til Summer Comes Around" by Keith Urban a go. Obviously, I'm still at the super amateur level when it comes to all of this (this is only the 2nd song I've ever recorded). It was a pretty quick job, so it's rough in places and could use some mixing (it's a bit rumbly and bassy). The vocals also have some odd distortion every now and then, but I think that was a product of the conversion between audio formats. It also needs drums and I don't have access to any. At some point, I'd like to add a few more guitar fills and maybe some ambient, organ-like stuff to fill things out a bit more. Singing in this style is really new to me too; I'm used to singing "big" styles like classical, metal, and musical theater.

Nonetheless, I really like this song and I thought this turned out ok, so I thought you might like to check it out. It has a guitar solo, which makes it ok for me to post it here :lol:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Sounds pretty good man. Keith is a killer guitar player too.:yesway:

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds pretty good man. Keith is a killer guitar player too.:yesway:
Thanks bro. And definitely, Keith can PLAY. Plus, he always has fantastic tone. For reference, here is one of my fav performances of this song:

And this is awesome:

Normally, this song is in Am, but I dropped it down to F#m to fit my voice a bit better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts