Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been having a ton of service dropouts recently. And this is the only help they want to give.

If this was a phone support call she would have hung up on me. Fucking horrid.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Modem never disconnects, but I'll be disconnected from xbox live, and when this occurs I also cannot reach any websites. It comes back after a few minutes or so. Total pain in the ass when I'm trying to watch BSG via Netflix.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Seriously. Send them a good old fashioned letter, print the screenshot, point out that as you say, if that was a phone call she'd have hung up and if it were in person she'd have walked out, and ask is that honestly how they treat their customers?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

They're still better than Comcast.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Letter 'gon get ya nowhere. Call that bitch back up and give her the Threat of Switching Service. Even if you don't mean it. ;)

^ Also, Dave is right.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I wanted to I could do better. Their local office is quite close to me.

She either couldn't or wasn't willing to give me a picture of my bandwidth utilization, or the utilization of my area. Also, they are clever. I couldn't copy and paste the entire text of the chat after it had closed.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
If I wanted to I could do better. Their local office is quite close to me.

She either couldn't or wasn't willing to give me a picture of my bandwidth utilization, or the utilization of my area. Also, they are clever. I couldn't copy and paste the entire text of the chat after it had closed.
Wait was this where like a woman in India was trying to customer service you over chat?

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; A6277 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17 Sprint APA6277KT)

They're still better than Comcast.
Yeah, I've heard that Comcast sucks a big dick. I wish I could get Fios in my apartment, it seems great.

I hope this problem resolves itself though because I also go to school online.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait was this where like a woman in India was trying to customer service you over chat?
I'll bet it was. No offense to Indian people, but they are utterly useless for customer support. They aren't trained and are given fucking prompts to read. So they can provide no real technical insight.

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
I'll bet it was. No offense to Indian people, but they are utterly useless for customer support. They aren't trained and are given fucking prompts to read. So they can provide no real technical insight.
No, exactly. No offense required, it really just means she had a big "WTF" over her head and decided to let you go. I wouldn't be mad about that. I would walk into that local office. Or call the service number and insist on speaking to someone in the states. If you declare that you can't understand them, they'll move you over to someone over here.

One thing about Comcast Internet, when I've called the service number and asked for Tech Support, I always was put through to a regional office that could handle my issue and knew what an IP address was.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah. It's worth noting that my local network is just dandy. Everything sees everything from a ping test.

And the Linksys models I use are rock solid devices that have been popular for ages. There's a whole group of people on the internet that write custom firmware and shit for my router. I don't run any of it, but it's worth noting that it's got a following.

My shit is fine :)

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm such an asshole on the phone though :lol:

If I'm being treated like a rat in a maze I get pissed.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just checked. I can't get FiOS in my apartment :( only DSL from Verizon.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
My sister who lives up there switched to DSL from Cox because their internet service sucks so bad.

Cox is fine down here, amazing at the difference.

Also:

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
a) she shouldn't have disconnected,
b) bypass your stupid router. i have worked a lot of tech support and routers are the #1 fuck around that caused fucked up bullshit, no matter who you are, when you got it or blah blah blah.

unplug that bullshit and see if it persists.

:fawk:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts